When I heard that Snoop Dogg and Martha Stewart were going to have a show together, I couldn't believe it. It seemed like something you would laugh about to a friend as a totally hypothetical, hilarious scenario. But the show is as real as it gets—and it has some incredible potential. What could be better than rap master Snoop Dogg offering up his foodie thoughts on Beef Wellington?

An Unlikely Friendship

Martha and Snoop's relationship started in 2008 when Snoop guest starred in Martha's cooking show. The chemistry between the two was surprising, but very strong. They had the same comedic timing, and understood when to bounce jokes off each other; Martha would set up an opportunity for Snoop to say something funny and Snoop would dive in at just the right moment for a hilarious punch-line.

The two met again on Martha to bake green-colored brownies, generating a countless slew of pot jokes to the audience's sheer delight.

The Show

A video posted by VH1 (@vh1) on

As producers realized the monetary benefits of having the unlikely pair on stage together, the idea of a show was developed. The new show on VHL, Martha and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party, will function much like an actual potluck. Each week, Martha and Snoop will invite celebrity guests and friends over to cook various parts of a meal. Some definite guests include 50 Cent, Keke Palmer, Robin Thicke, Bella Thorne, DJ Khaled and October London.
The two hosts will cook meals in adjacent his and hers kitchens, making jokes and talking with guests in the casual atmosphere. Snoop shares that, "My homegirl, Martha, and I have a special bond that goes back. We’re gonna be cooking, drinking and having a good time with our exclusive friends. Can’t wait for you to see how we roll together."

When to Watch

Martha and Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party premiered on Monday, November 7th on VH1. You'll have to watch for yourself to find out who reigns supreme when it comes to some good ol' fried chicken. 

Grab a friend, grab some snacks and get ready for some laughs watching this unexpected duo cook together on TV.