Take the L Train to Bedford Avenue on any given Saturday this spring/summer, and what will you find? Smorgasburg, a fabulous food festival located at the East River Sate Park in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Boasting over 75 different food and drink vendors and cuisines from around the world, this festival is perfect for foodies everywhere. Smorgasburg is to foodies like Six Flags is to roller coaster junkies; it is a playground for those of us who thrive on instagramming every bite. Here are some of my favorite parts of this food frenzy, which will undoubtedly convince you that you should have gone to Smorgasburg, like, yesterday.

1. While enjoying delicious food, you can see the beautiful Manhattan skyline.

Recap: Smorgasburg Food Festival

Photo by Jackie Widmann

2. Vendors sell sandwiches larger than your face (perfect for splitting with a friend) for only $9. Cemita’s Mexican sandwiches are filled with chipotle spread, papalo, avocado, pickled onions, oaxacan cheese, tomato, lettuce, your choice of protein, mayo, and black bean spread.

Recap: Smorgasburg Food Festival

Photo by Jackie Widmann

3. Creative vendors at Asiadog sell unconventional, yet delicious combinations of toppings on your hotdogs. $4.50 for one, $8 for two.

Recap: Smorgasburg Food Festival

Photo by Jackie Widmann

4. To balance out the savory with the sweet, pick up some donuts from Dough for $2 each. For a frozen treat, try People’s Pops, a Brooklyn-based popsicle and shave ice vendor selling flavors locally grown and harvested, $2.50 each.

Recap: Smorgasburg Food Festival

Photo by Jackie Widmann

Recap: Smorgasburg Food Festival

Photo by Jackie Widmann

At each booth you can find something under $15, so Smorgasburg is perfect for students on a budget.  With such a large selection of vendors to choose from, Smorgasburg is the perfect way to spend your Saturday with friends who enjoy all kinds of food.  Bon appétit!