Wrigley just threw us for a loop and we are all seriously confused. The candy powerhouse known for producing the best treats around, such as Skittles, Starburst, Lifesavers, and much more as a new trick up their sleeves.

Recently, Wrigley announced that 12 new products are to be released in December, and 2 of these are going to cause your jaw to drop. Two words: spicy candy. Yeah thats right, Starburst and Skittles are getting a hot new twist with a "Sweet Heat" edition, and we're not sure how to feel about it.

The Release

In a big announcement Wrigley made in May, there were a several interesting new candies coming to shelves in the coming months. Some of these treats included Strawberry Nut Chocolate M&M's and Twix Dark Chocolate Cookie Bars (ok that one actually sounds good). However, the ones that stood out the most were the "Sweet Heat" flavors for Starburst and Skittles.

The New Look

The packaging is visibly different with the new all black wrapper and flames on the sides. Sweet Heat Skittles new flavors include Fiery Watermelon, Blazin’ Mango, Flamin’ Orange, Sizzlin’ Strawberry and Lemon Spark. Some of the new Starburst flavors mimic Sweet Heat Skittles like Fiery Watermelon and Flamin’ Orange. However, Starburst differ's with Strawberry Mango and Pipin’ Pineapple.

Keeping Up With The Trends

The reason for the spicy and sweet combo? Wrigley's explanation is that it is to keep up with the publics growing obsession with pairing hot and spicy flavors to sweet. Many other brands have tried there turn at the combo releasing potato chip flavors such as "Honey Sriracha" for example.

Who knows, Skittles and Starburst haven't let us down yet...maybe these hot new candies will be the new go-to movie candy. We're just going to have to wait till they hit the shelves in December to be the judge.