For some people going vegan seems like a hard life choice that includes tasteless food and limited options. When first going vegan, it can appear intimidating and difficult, but there are so many simple recipe swaps that make going vegan fun and delicious. Plus, there’s a lot of room to get creative with your choices. Especially during summer, there can be a lot of meat options that seem hard to avoid, but these five vegan foods will make your summer dining a breeze. So try out these tasty vegan recipes and see if going vegan is as hard as you thought it was.

Vegan

from giphy.com

Swap fish tacos for a grilled zucchini and corn tostada with spicy hummus

Vegan

from recipehubs.com

Yum. Grilling zucchini and corn with cayenne and olive oil creates a killer vegetable mixture. The veggies can be spread on top of either a homemade hummus (just chickpeas, garlic, lemon juice, a touch of olive oil, and a pinch of cayenne to spice things up). Placing all of this on a toasted wheat tostada makes for a delicious taco replacement that will leave you happy and healthy.

Swap grilled chicken kabobs for tofu lettuce wraps

Vegan

from theveglife.com

Many people enjoy grilling chicken and steak outside during warm summer days. For those who are following the vegan lifestyle, grilling tofu with chopped mushrooms, ginger, soy sauce, hoisin, and scallions creates a delicious filling for fresh and light lettuce wraps.

Swap hamburgers for sweet potato black bean burgers

Vegan

from caseyjade.com

Hamburgers are a summer staple. However, vegan means avoiding meat and cheese. Creating a burger patty out of black beans, a cup of cooked sweet potatoes, plus a half cup of quinoa makes for a nutritious meat patty substitute. Adding spices like chili powder, garlic salt, and cumin can give the dish a little flare and be a summer party favorite for all your friends, vegan or not.

Swap steak fajitas with portobello and veggie fajitas

Vegan

from the minimalistbaker.com

For many, sizzling steak fajitas is a wonderful sound that fills the summer air. A great vegan version of this meal includes grilling and seasoning a portobello mushroom with some bell peppers and onions. Portobellos are a great way to replace meat in several vegan recipes, and are filling in themselves. Place them inside a soft tortilla with a side of rice, and you have a delicious Spanish-inspired vegan dinner.

Swap chicken salad for a quinoa, avocado, and spinach salad

Vegan

from thingsimadetoday.com

Although many salad lovers may place chicken on their salad for the added protein boost, meat isn’t the only option. Quinoa is a nutritious way to incorporate a good tasting protein into your salad. Stirring avocado chunks, quinoa, chopped tomatoes, and spinach leaves together leaves you with a solid power salad that will keep you refreshed on a summer day. Tossing the lightly in red wine vinegar and olive oil also helps to keep the dressing low fat and vegan too.