'Tis the season for Secret Santa—the holiday tradition that you and your friends look forward to year after year. After randomly picking names, it comes time for brainstorming the best gift possible. Whoever you are buying a gift for, food is always the best move, which makes these eight treats the perfect holiday gifts. 

1. For the Trendy Friend: Treat House

Treat House takes crispy rice treats to a whole new level. Create an assortment of flavors such as Birthday Cake and Caramel Sea Salt or customize the treats with any logo, from your friend's college to his or her favorite sports team. Don't live in New York? No problem, Treat House ships nationwide. 

2. For the Chocolate Lover: A Box of Chocolates

As Forrest Gump once said, "Life is like a box of chocolates..." and in this case, a box of chocolates is the key to a successful secret Santa gift. From Lindt to Godiva to Ghirardelli, you name it– everyone can always use a little chocolate in their life (or a lot). 

3. For the Indecisive Friend: Popcorn Trio

Have a friend who one minute wants something sweet and the next salty? Look no further– this is the ideal gift. Popcorn trios from stores like Stew Leonard's, J&B Gourmet Popcorn, and Garrett Popcorn Shops give you the luxury of three different popcorn flavors, all at your fingertips. 

4. For the Friend Who Loves Hanukkah: Chocolate Gelt

tea
Halley Rose Meslin

Don't forget that December is also time for Hanukkah. Give the Hanukkah lover some gelt, aka chocolate coins, and spin the dreidel. If you are lucky during the dreidel game, you may even win back some of the gelt that you gave your friend. Sorry, not sorry.

5. For the Friend Obsessed with Christmas: Chocolate Advent Calendar

The wait until Christmas is long for anyone who celebrates, but a chocolate advent calendar may make the countdown just a bit more enjoyable. By eating one piece of chocolate each day until Christmas, the holiday will come in the blink of an eye. 

6. For the Friend Who Avoids the Dining Hall at All Costs: A Package of Microwavable Mac and Cheese

milk, sweet, coffee, dairy product
Amanda Shulman

Simplicity at its finest. Microwavable mac and cheese is an easy meal for college students to make when they're in a rush or are looking for something inexpensive (after ordering in the past two nights). Replace a few of their meal swipes with some mac and cheese and your friend will be a happy camper.

7. For the Festive Friend: Pillsbury Shape Cookies

Everyone has a friend who bakes for every holiday. If you have this friend for secret Santa, pick out an assortment of Pillsbury Shape Cookies from your local supermarket. They're easy to make and come in all different holiday designs, from snowmen to reindeer to Christmas trees. Maybe your friend will share?

8. For the Cultured Friend: Café Du Monde Beignet Mix

tea, coffee, beer
Hannah Litt

Any Tulane student would agree they wouldn't trade going to college in the Big Easy for anything. If you're buying a gift for a friend who loves anything infused with a little bit of culture, this beignet mix will give them a taste of what NOLA is all about

Hopefully this list gave you a few ideas of what to buy for this year's secret Santa, or maybe it just got you hoping that whoever picked your name bought you something delicious. Either way, you and your friends are in for a treat.