On the hunt for the perfect diet? Netflix has some intel. The Santa Clarita Diet is a new comedy-horror series on Netflix, starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant. The trailer for the new show released during the Golden Globes. It's a spoof on a typical weight-loss advertisement that will make you wonder, is this for real?

When the trailer for the Santa Clarita Diet aired, I thought it was just another weight-loss ad that Drew Barrymore was promoting. The familiar weight-loss tune rang in the background, while Drew began talking about how great she feels on this new diet. Then she says something strange: "I can satisfy all my cravings, and eat whoever I want." Wait, what? 

The second trailer is Timothy Olyphant as the husband of Drew. As he begins to tell a story about how his wife lost weight, words on the screen pop up, just like most advertisements, reading: "If you've tried all other diets and are looking for the one that works, then the Santa Clarita Diet is for you. Lose as much weight as you want and keep it off forever."  

That's when I jumped on Google to see what the Santa Clarita Diet was all about. I quickly realized that it's going to be a new show on Netflix. I have to admit I was relieved. I seriously couldn't tell from the trailer if it was a spoof on a new diet regime or not. That's the magic of Hollywood I guess. 

Going through the website of the Santa Clarita Diet is identical to navigating something like Weight Watchers. It has tabs such as testimonials, how it works, learn more, and start the lifestyle now. It's really convincing. It has a step-by-step process that reads: Step 1: Get Active. Step 2: Eat who you crave and feast on a high-protein diet. Step 3: It’s not just a diet, it’s a lifestyle. Pretty funny, right? 

Drew and Timothy play a married couple, Sheila and Joel, who manage to keep their marriage and business alive after Sheila dies and comes back to life with a hunger for human flesh. The new show airs on Netflix February 3. Binge-watching is acceptable.