Hold up, put down the hummus. Sabra is voluntarily recalling some of its hummus flavors due to a possible listeria contamination, identified by the US Food and Drug Administration

If you have a Sabra hummus product that was made before November 8th, with a "best by" date through January 23, 2017, then it might be wise to toss it or return to your local grocery store.

The FDA's concern over Listeria Monocytogenes comes after it was identified within the Sabra manufacturing facility. Listeria has not been found in the actual product. Although it's still enough of a concern for the brand to voluntarily recall its humus. 

vegetable
Photo courtesy of Sabra Facebook

According to the CDC, possible symptoms of Listeria include: fever, muscle aches, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. It's especially harmful toward pregnant women, as Listeria infection can cause miscarriages or still birth. It can also cause fatal or serious infections in children, elderly people, or those with a weakened immune system.

Sabra provides a statement of its product recall on its website. Unfortunately, most of these hummus flavors are on the possible contamination list. Sabra products not included in the recall are: organic hummus, salsa, guacamole, and Greek yogurt dips. 

hummus, bread, cream, vegetable
Photo courtesy of Sabra Facebook

This isn't the first time a Listeria outbreak has been identified with Sabra products. In 2015, Sabra recalled 30,000 cases of its hummus products after traces of the bacteria were found. 

Check the "best by" date of your Sabra hummus before eating it. The company will reimburse you if it's through January 23, 2017. In the meantime, it might be best to make your own hummus or try a new brand (although we understand brand loyalty).