I am not a fan of coffee, but I love Starbucks’ sandwiches, desserts and coffee-free drinks. So I was pretty excited to hear that Starbucks would be including two new desserts in its new Sunset Menu: the Chocolate Brownie Trifle and the Strawberry Shortcake Trifle.

starbucks

Photo courtesy of Starbucks.com

Both of these items will be available after 3 p.m. every day this summer and seem great for people who don’t really like the bitter taste of coffee.

I love all things chocolate, so I was most excited to try the Brownie Trifle. But is it worth the $3.45 price tag?

starbucks

Photo courtesy of starbucksmelody.com

The Verdict

My first impression of the Trifle was that it looked like a liquid-less chocolate frappuccino without the lid. There was a generous amount of whipped cream, but only a little bit of brownie.The chocolate drizzle tasted like Hershey’s chocolate syrup and I liked how it contrasted with the light, fluffy taste of the whipped cream.

The brownies were these cute little inch long rectangles. They were warm and moist, but didn’t have a lot of flakiness, which was the only thing that I thought wasn’t great about them.

All in all, I thought that the Trifle was a good quality dessert and definitely something I’d be willing to buy again.

starbucks