I am absolutely obsessed with popcorn. Think Kerry Washington in Scandal with a nice bowl of popcorn and a big glass of wine. It is hands down the perfect snack: salty, crunchy and versatile — you can basically make it taste however you want it to.

I hate spending unnecessary time reading labels in the grocery store, but lately I’ve become more and more aware of the chemicals I expose my body to. Unfortunately, I discovered a lot of popcorn brands add countless chemicals to their bags and kernels.

Quinn Snacks makes a popcorn gifted from the heavens. It’s the only one you need in your pantry. Their popcorn is the most delicious popcorn out there, and the brand is both certified organic and environmentally conscious.

snack

Photo courtesy of @quinnsnacks on Instagram

Founder and CEO of Quinn Snacks, Kristy Lewis, was named one of Fortune’s 2015 Most Promising Women Entrepreneurs. When Lewis started her company, her goal was to reinvent popcorn. She noticed that a lot of existing bags of popcorn were coated with chemicals, and when microwaved those chemicals would contaminate the popcorn.

Quinn Snacks popcorn bags are free of synthetic chemicals and are compostable. The company prides themselves on complete transparency and have developed a new concept called “Farm-to-Bag.” Each bag of Quinn Snacks popcorn has a batch number. You can enter that number into their website and it will tell you exactly where your bag was grown…it’s awesome.

snack

Photo courtesy of quinnsnacks.com

A lot of other popcorn brands sell products that are unhealthy, buttery, and dangerously high in sodium levels. Quinn Snacks popcorn is free of hydrogenated oils, has low sodium, and is made with organic kernels.

Quinn Snacks also makes both microwave popcorn and popped popcorn. Their microwave popcorn flavors are Real Butter and Sea Salt, Vermont Maple Kettle Corn, White Cheddar and Sea Salt, and Aged Parmesan and Rosemary. Their popped popcorn flavors include Virgin Coconut Oil, White Cheddar, Classic Sea Salt, California Olive Oil, and Super Kale. Yep, that’s right, kale.

The Super Kale is my personal favorite. It is an awesome green color and the taste is savory without being too salty. The subtle taste of kale is the best part (I love kale). It is great to have a snack that sneaks in a serving of veggies all for 43 calories a cup.

snack

When prepared properly and with minimal ingredients, popcorn is a super healthy snack. A single portion of popcorn actually contains more antioxidants than fruits and vegetables, according to a Scranton University Study. Popcorn also contains vitamins like folate, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamins B, A, E, and K. Additionally, it’s a great source of iron, potassium, zinc, and polyphenols which contain the antioxidants to fight off cancers and cardiovascular health problems.

In addition to all of this, popcorn has a low glycemic index and has tons of fiber. With the ingredients used, Quinn Snacks popcorn allows you to truly reap the benefits of this magical snack.

I love to enjoy popcorn in a variety of different ways; it satisfies my sweet tooth and my occasional salty cravings. You can get creative with popcorn and make it into the snack of your dreams. For some fun recipes on what you can make with popcorn, check out this article.