What better way to celebrate your head chef than with a 150 pound pig roast? Pete the Butcher prepared a feast for the brothers and chef of Psi Upsilon at Trinity College on Saturday, April 9th. Alumni of all ages made the hike back to Camp Trin for this special event and of course for the tasty BBQ.

Who is this guy anyway?

Psi Upsilon

Photo by Sarah Connors

Daniel “Dano” Pettinato has called Psi Upsilon home for 21 years and counting. Brothers of the fraternity consider Dano as part of the family, and some of the guys even look to him as a father figure (Awwww). Best known for his chicken parmesan and Sunday morning eggs benedict, Dano truly is a gourmet chef. Make sure you check out his Youtube video to get a sneak peak of him teaching the brothers his secret macaroni and cheese recipe.

What are the brothers eating?

Psi Upsilon

Photo courtesy of Sarah Connors

Thursday nights, aka formal dinners, the brothers dig into a classy meal. Freshly grilled steak, salmon, shrimp, and lobster galore (Caution: do not drip the cream sauce on your collared shirt). On football Sundays, he whips up legendary hot wings, except for when his Pittsburgh Steelers lose. A devastated fan, Dano whips up his favorite comfort food for the brothers – grilled cheese. We can’t forget about the endless supply of gooey late night double chocolate chip cookies and warm cinnamon swirl coffee cake to ensure these boys never go hungry.

What about the pig roast?

Psi Upsilon

Photo by Sarah Connors

Pete the Butcher, located in Rocky Hill, CT, has been roasting pigs for 45 years. Pete started off in the meat packing industry as a teenager and soon after made his way to roasting pigs. He has catered food for people all over the world from backyard weddings to the German Opera House. Pete was even featured on the Ugly Betty show. Bottom line: this guy is good. Really good.

Psi Upsilon

Photo by Sarah Connors

Slowly roasted for 14-24 hours (wow that’s a long time) this pork peels right off the bone. Pete’s speciality is a fashionable “mojo style” pig roast and seasons his pigs with fruit juice. It’s finger licking good.

Psi Upsilon

Photo by Sarah Connors

In case you thought a 150 pound pig wasn’t enough, Pete prepared 50 pounds of pulled chicken smothered in a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. Needless to say we were stuffed for days.

Psi Upsilon

Photo courtesy of Sarah Connors

Dano accomplishes to connect the generations of Psi Upsilon brothers. The day was well spent: bonding, eating, and even face-swapping. Whether it’s Pete the Butcher or Dano’s chicken parmesan – Psi Upsilon does food right.