Do you love chocolate and getting in your recommended daily protein intake? Luckily, there are a few protein bars that can fill both your chocolate and protein needs.

These bars aren't your typical over-priced chalky bars sold at the café, instead, they're more like candy. Though they aren’t a replacement for carbs, fruits and veggies, and healthy fats, these protein bars are a great supplement for some extra protein. The next time you're craving chocolate, try one of these higher protein bars to keep you full and fueled.

Here are 11 protein bars you should try based on your favorite chocolate bar, for when you’re hangry and trying to get your protein in.

Snickers: Fit Crunch Bar

Snickers (and Fit Crunch) satisfies. Robert Irvine is not only the star of Restaurant Impossible, an author, and a Chopped champion, but a really fit chef. He took his love of fitness and food and created Fit Crunch Bars, aka the new Snickers.

These bars clock in at 380 calories, making them a filling snack for crazy days when you can't sit down for a proper meal. Fulfill your craving for a Snickers and reach 60% of your recommended protein intake at the same time.   

Kit Kats: Power Crunch Bar

Just look at those wafer layers. The original Triple Chocolate bar is the most similar to a Kit Kat with 13g of protein. And, if you want to branch out, Power Crunch also offers other flavors like white chocolate and mint.

Milky Way Bars: GoMacro Salted Caramel + Chocolate Chips Bar

There are so many different kinds of GoMacro bars, and the bar that most resembles the beloved Milky Way is the Salted Caramel + Chocolate Chips flavor. The vegan caramel mingles with a touch of sea salt and plenty of organic chocolate chips for a wholesome take on a timeless treat. The bar comes in full, kids, and snack sizes fit for all types of noshing.

Nestle Crunch Bars: Think! High Protein Chocolate Crisp

If a Nestle Crunch bar and a Rice Krispies treat had a baby, it would look and taste like this bar. Think! is a popular protein bar brand, and its new Crisp line is great for someone looking for a little texture. Think!’s High Protein Chocolate Crisp Bar is the most similar to a Nestle Crunch bar, with 15 grams of protein.

Mounds: Luna Bar Chocolate Dipped Coconut 

The quality of this bar is insane. Not only is it non-GMO and made with organic coconut, but it's also dairy-free and gluten-free. It's chewy, which is hard to find in a gluten-free bar. And did we mention it has 8 grams of protein?! Trust us, you'll love these bars as a snack, or even dessert. 

Reeses: Quest Cravings PB Cup

Quest bars come in so many different flavors and there are so many different ways to eat them, but this Quest Cravings PB Cup doesn't need anything to elevate its peanut butter flavor. The sweetness comes from artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols — the "healthiness" of which is debatable — but these cups contain less than 2% of both ingredients.         

York Peppermint Patties: CLIF Builders Chocolate Mint

I'm not a huge mint fan, but these CLIF bars might make a liar out of me. The mint flavor isn't toothpaste-like, and there's plenty of chocolate to go with it. They have a blend of complete protein, carbohydrates, and fat to support muscle recovery and will keep you fuller for longer than your average chocolate bar. 

TWIX: Kellogg's Special K Chocolate Caramel Protein Bars

No need to choose between Left and Right here. Kellogg’s Chocolate Caramel Protein Bars feature a chocolatey drizzle over a layer of even more chocolate with golden caramel flavored chips, and its crunchy texture is reminiscent of a TWIX bar. With 12 grams of protein to boot.

Butterfinger: Outright Crisp Double Chocolate Peanut Butter

The Outright Crisp Bar is a delicious protein snack reminiscent of a crispy, crunchy Butterfinger candy bar.

Unlike a Butterfinger though, Outright’s Double Chocolate Peanut Butter bar packs 20 grams of protein per bar. In addition to peanut butter and whey isolate, whey protein crisps add texture, taste, and a punch of extra protein you need to sustain energy throughout the day.

Hershey’s: ALOHA Chocolate Fudge Brownie Bar

Back-to-basics ingredients for a back-to-basics chocolate bar.

ALOHA’s organic protein blend is made with brown rice and pumpkin seeds, and the irresistible flavor comes from dark chocolate, cane sugar, cocoa powder and cashews. You can grab this bar from Trader Joe’s for a midday pick-me-up or to fuel you for your next workout.

Hershey’s Cookies & Cream: Barebells Cookies & Cream

Hot take: Hershey’s Cookies & Cream bars are SO underrated. Little me was absolutely stoked on Halloween whenever I got a creamy white chocolate bar speckled with crispy chocolate wafer bites.

Like a Cookies & Cream Hershey’s, Barebells features a soft and creamy cookie-dough core covered in sweet milk chocolate and crunchy cookie crispies. Plus, it’s available at Trader Joe’s.