Milk's favorite cookie just released a bold Easter treat— Peeps Oreos. They took an adorable hot pink marshmallow chick and smushed it between two Golden Oreo cookies. Brutal. Other than its curious taste, the internet is blowing up with Tweets about what these dirty birds are doing to their bodies after eating them. And apparently, the side effects are way out of the ordinary.

Why the Internet Is Freaking Out 

From reports of hot pink tongues that last all day, to dropping hot pink peeps of their own in the toilet, people can't get over what these Oreos are doing to their bodies. 

So Is This Just an Over-Exaggeration?

I had to find out for myself. As one with a weak stomach, I was terrified to consume one of these pink sugar bombs. I marched over to the store and grabbed a box of Peeps Oreos, while the sweet old lady at the register stared at me with concern. 

Like Ralphie's bunny PJs in A Christmas Story, I looked down at the pink Peep on the wrapper, as it mockingly stared back up at me. I peeled back the yellow packaging, and the smell of processed sugar cookies filled the air.

I separated the two Oreo cookies to reveal a blinding, hot pink cream filling. I think I gagged a little. There was no going back now. 

I bit into half of the cookie, chewed, and savored the taste to evaluate what exactly I was eating. It literally tastes like a Peep is smashed between two Golden Oreos. I ended up eating two more so that I could get enough in my system to see if I'll see this pink peep in the toilet later.

So Was My Poop Pink?

Despite how wrong it might seem (and how much I hate to admit it) I kind of enjoyed these Peeps Oreos. I stuck my tongue out in the mirror and it was only a tad pink. Not neon pink like the pics from Twitter. (Don't worry, it goes away in minutes). 

The next morning, I looked in the toilet, and I have to admit I was a little let down because there was no pink. It was business as usual. After having my own experience with the Peeps Oreos, I found that this is all just hype. Maybe if I ate an entire sleeve there would have been more damage, but the worst a few Peeps Oreos did was a minor sugar headache. No biggie.