I know that in college it can be hard to eat your fruits and vegetables. I mean, they made easy mac so easy for a reason, right?

Farmers Market

What if I told you that every Sunday there is a farmer’s market, with tables full of locally grown, seasonal produce, in a parking lot on Main Street. Almost seems to good to be true, right?

Farmers Market

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Wrong. Every Sunday from 10-2 pm Newark Natural Foods sponsors a pop-up farmers market in front of its store, the highlight being all the incredible fresh produce for sale from local farms.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Can’t make the drive to Milburn Orchards? There are bushels of apples waiting to come home with you.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Don’t worry if you’re not a huge fan of vegetables, there are stands with meat and farm fresh eggs.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Other tables contain baked goods, breads, and homemade pastas to accompany all that delicious produce you just bought.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Whats better, they have a rotation of delicious food trucks, including the beloved Wandering Chef Cart, aka dumpling cart, for when all the food shopping gets you hungry.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

They also have some specialty goods and handicrafts, in case you’re feeling like a big spender.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Shopping local, seasonal produce is not only better for your health, its also better for your wallet. I’ve gone to the farmers market with $20 and left with two full bags of groceries, and $8 to spare on some much needed tacos.

Most stands are cash only, so hit the ATM before making the walk to 230 E Main St. The market is only open until mid-November, so check it out before it closes for the winter.

Farmers Market

Photo by Hannah Tate

Start counting down to Sunday and get those dollar bills ready blue hens. Farm-fresh food is waiting.