Pesticides are scary AF. While we don’t completely understand their effects on our bodies, research has shown that exposure to pesticides increases the risk of developing cancer and obesity. The seemingly distant downsides, however, rarely override the price difference between an organic product and its conventional doppleganger. 9 out of 10 times, we go for the conventional.

organic

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

This video will change that.

organic

Photo courtesy of Coop

Produced by Coop, a Swedish grocery retail group, “The Organic Effect” presents findings from a report by the Swedish Enviroment Research Institute. The video follows a family of five that went completely organic for two weeks. Urine samples were collected before and after the intervention, and the differences in pesticide levels were astounding.

organic

Photo courtesy of Coop

Eating organic removed nearly all of the pesticides present in the participants’ bodies. While we can’t know the long-term health effects of going organic from this study, the immediate benefits are pretty obvious: eat organic and you’ll eliminate nasty chemicals from your body. That’s convincing enough for me.

organic

Watch the full video here:

Want to know more about organic food? Check out these articles: