In dedication to Earth Week, various cultural and environmental organizations collaborated to hold the NYU’s first campus wide food festival last Tuesday. Students flocked up the elevators to the eighth floor to enjoy the free, healthy treats.

Recap: NYU Community Food Festival

Photo by Lily Chin

Representing a healthy sampling of vegan, vegetarian, and even gluten-free options, the event provided a range of sweet and savory options for students. Bareburger, a burger joint proclaimed for their organic and sustainable foods, catered boxes full of delectable veggie sliders that had students coming back for seconds and thirds. Other offerings included home-made, gluten-free pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon icing, refreshing cucumber and tomato pitas, and tofu club sandwiches catered from ‘sNice.

Recap: NYU Community Food Festival

Photo by Lily Chin

In the midst of devouring all the free food, students were also given the opportunity to learn more about the different environmental clubs at NYU. One of the board members of Farm to Live, a club aspiring to create organic, sustainable farms in the suburbs of New York and New Jersey, stated, “Earth Day is a day for everyone to show their appreciation to nature.” Whether or not you’re a tree-hugging activist or a curious omnivore, the food festival was surely no event to pass up for free food and lively company.