Move over vegans and pescatarians, there’s a new diet in town.

While it may seem like a no-brainer to eat vegetables and fruits—while especially avoiding excess trans fats, sodium and simple sugars—the nutritarian diet reconfigures the food pyramid to put vegetables at the base of the pyramid, replacing grains.

nutritarian diet

Photo courtesy of drfuhrman.com

Nutritarians maintain a diet rich in high-quality nutrients, seeking out green vegetables, colorful vegetables, fresh fruit and beans. The result is a high fiber diet that balances micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) with macronutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates and fats. It’s an awesome diet for diabetics and athletes alike, so we might start reaching for greens more often—or at least attempt. Below is a mini round-up of nutritarian-friendly meals or snacks for you to try it out yourself:

1. Corn salad with hummus, feta, peppers and chicken

nutritarian diet

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

With healthy fats like chickpeas combined with lean protein like chicken, this salad packs a nutritious punch that still leaves you full.

2. Summer chopped salad

nutritarian diet

Photo by Elizabeth Layman

Lettuce, kale and tomato are topped with avocado and a bit of egg in this chopped salad with greens at its base—much like the nutritarian diet.

3. Leftover fruit smoothie

nutritarian diet

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Everything but the kitchen sink? Nah, but this fruit medley smoothie packs in tons of vitamins without additional sugar. A light snack, or beverage, if you will.

4. Soy-glazed sesame green beans

nutritarian diet

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

A little seasoning can’t hurt, especially when the key ingredient is green beans.

5. Roasted asparagus, carrots and zucchini 

nutritarian diet

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

Like the previous recipe, seasoning can come a long way in making summer veggies more appealing. You can even substitute pearl onions or baby squash, depending on the season.