You know that feeling when you walk into a cafe and a wave of stress comes over you because you have absolutely no idea what to get? Even if you answered no, we’ve all seen those people. The ones who stare at the menu for minutes, clearly overwhelmed by the plethora of options, and meanwhile, they’re holding up the entire line. Well this is me every time, so don’t hate. I take ordering very seriously

#SpoonTip: Look up the menu ahead of time to minimize anxiety and maximize chances of ultimate satisfaction, or just find out how to skip the Starbucks line altogether here.

order

But for those like me, the struggle between getting your usual and trying something new is real. I always try to stay adventurous and mix it up. For the indecisive foodies like me, I say let go of your routine, and dare to be different. Just order based on instinct – how you feel in that moment when you walk up to the register.

BUT WHAT DO I DO IN THAT MOMENT?

If you’re feelin’ bold…

order

Get the special. You know what I’m talking about – that s’mores frap or the brown sugar sea salt latte calling your name. Hey, dessert can be good for you, and it’s tempting you like no other, so why not? As Nike says, “Just do it.”

If you’re feelin’ basic…

order

Girls, just get that skinny vanilla latte, ok? You know you want it, and it does the trick every time. So, today, just order it, and be happy and boring. Have no shame because being basic isn’t bad. Embrace the new level of basicness you’ve just reached by ordering your usual once again.

If you’re feelin’ tired…

order

And I mean tired like, “I pulled an all-nighter at the library aka binge watched Netflix till dawn.” Order that triple shot latte. You’ve tried all of the other tricks to stay alive during finals, so you know that one shot just won’t do it. Two might, but three will definitely give you the kick you need to make it through the whole season of Scandal.

Just make sure to watch efficiently because caffeine tends to come with a crash… especially after three shots. You’ve been warned.

If you’re feelin’ healthy…

order

Be that granola hippie and order a matcha latte. A) it’s green, so you know it’s healthy. B) I’m confirming that it’s super healthy and has all of these benefits to prove it. So, you have my blessing to order the green drank. Your body will thank you for it later.

If you’re feelin’ trendy…

order

Order your latte without milk. What no milk?! No, silly. That would defy the definition of a latte. I mean get it with soy milk or almond milk. Word on the street is coconut milk is the sh*t, so try it. You’ll be that trend-setter that every person behind you in line follows, and if you’re not, at least you’ll walk away feeling like you are.

If you’re feelin’ classy…

order

Do it like the Europeans do. You know when you try to order a “latte” across the world, and the barista just looks at you like you’re crazy and 100% American? Well how ’bout just be classy from the start? Whether you’re in Europe or not, try ordering a simple cappuccino (definition here for the Americans who may not know what one is.)

But, if you’re feelin’ straight up indecisive…

order

Just order a dirty chai. No there is no dirt in it, and no, I’m not encouraging you to drink anything containing toxic waste. Rather, this drink combines a traditional espresso latte with a chai latte, fusing the best drinks into one. You’re welcome, and problem solved.

So, now, have no fear walking up to that register. You know what to do.

order