There are two types of late-night food in State College: the Food for Thought Food Truck and everything else. If that’s not enough to convince you, trust the food lovers at Spoon to break the news first— this food truck is the coolest thing to hit our campus since the winter storm Juno.

food for thought food truck

Photo by Armin Nayak

Imagine a place that is heaven on wheels, where even your taste buds have wings. This is a dream brought to life by Executive Chef Mitch Angle, whose menu items like Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese, Korean Pulled Pork Sandwiches and Buffalo Chicken Subs will leave you questioning the very act of eating late-night anywhere else ever again.

food for thought food truck

Photo by Armin Nayak

Angle prepares his menu every night at home using fresh, global ingredients before heading out to serve the hungry crowds of students. A variety of gourmet options, ranging from salty to sweet, ensure a unique culinary experience for customers, as opposed to cheap, greasy, typical late-night cuisine.

“I’m not just your slice of pizza or deep fry,” said Angle. “I take the familiar dishes people love and put my original spin on it. I like to give my guests something different, food they can think about.”

Food For Thought is relatively new to Penn State’s late-night scene, but by the end of nearly its third month in business, the truck has developed a loyal fan base of foodies and their friends alike.

food for thought food truck

Photo by Armin Nayak

Unlike the monotonous menu of zones at D.P Dough or questionably affordable slices of pizza at Canyon, Angle’s food is prepared from scratch and made-to-order. As a certified Level 1 Sommelier and professional chef, he creates high quality dishes with a personal touch.

Stop by the Food for Thought truck every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night from 11 pm to 2:30 am in the Garner Street Parking Lot for a once-in-a-taste-bud experience. You can thank me later.

Looking for more on late-night eats? Check out these articles…