Some of the best lattes in Austin come from local coffee shops, drawing coffee-lovers from all corners of the world. From different types of latte arts, such as the unicorn and matcha lattes that are rampaging our Facebook feeds, to the different flavors that are being made to suit each season, lattes have definitely made its important impact upon the coffee culture around the world (and for Instagram-worthy pictures, of course).

As a city that houses over 100,000 students, Austin, hands-down, runs on the amount of caffeine that places it on the higher end of the spectrum. Because of that, there is a large array of coffee shops throughout the city, and we've narrowed down a list of places with the best lattes for your enjoyment. 

1. Starbucks

Even though Starbucks isn't locally-owned, it definitely has some of the best coffee drinks on the market that are semi-affordable for college students. If you're feeling lazy and just want to grab a cup of seasonal pumpkin spice latte or a caramel brûlée latte, going to your nearest Starbucks is the way to go! The different atmospheres of different Starbucks locations definitely makes visiting new coffee shops a nice surprise.

2. Mozart's Coffee Roasters

With an wide variety of different coffee blends and a breathtaking view of Lake Austin, Mozart's is definitely a must-go in Austin. Although the menu at this coffee shop is a simple one, their selections of Chai, almond milk lattes, and vanilla lattes are to die for. The atmosphere can get busy, especially on nice days, but the serenity is definitely worth it.

3. Monkey Nest Coffee

Not only should you visit this coffee shop for the latte art, but their uniquely crafted flavors of lattes are one-of-a-kind. From your typical vanilla latte to the Nutty Irishman, which contains Irish cream and hazelnut, this coffee shop caters to endless types of coffee-lovers out there.

#SpoonTip: Monkey Nest is open 24/7 so you can cram for that finance final. 

4. Cafe Medici

Cafe Medici makes one of the most well-balanced lattes I've ever tried, with the perfect balance of milk and of espresso in one drink. The traditional caffe latte is one of the most popular choices of the shop — grab a latte, a good book, and you could spend hours here. 

5. Patika

Widely popular for its iced vanilla latte and natural lighting, Patika has stolen the hearts of many Austinites. Like most of the coffee shops in Austin, Patika is usually a bustling location with limited seating, but it's a great place to enjoy a latte and catch up with friends. Their iced lattes have a smooth consistency, with house-made syrup to sweeten the drink, perfectly paired with food made from scratch on a daily basis.

6. Dominican Joe Coffee Shop

Dominican Joe's signature latte, the honey creme latte, also happens to be its best-seller, making this coffee shop one of the best in Austin. With accessible Wifi, outlets, as well as the amazing honey-sweet creation of the shop, Dominican Joe serves as a great hangout and study spot for those looking for a change in scenery. 

7. Summer Moon Coffee Bar

Hands down the best signature latte I have ever tasted in my life. Summer Moon is definitely one-of-a-kind, with its coffee roasted by wood fire and their top-secret ingredient that makes everything better — the moon milk. Their special latte — "summer moon latte," served hot, and "winter moon latte," served iced, have the perfect balance of bitter espresso and milky sweetness. If you're not the type of person who likes too much sugar in their drink, you can also opt for the halved sugar version as well.