The annual Taste of Atlanta festival hit Midtown’s Tech Square at the end of September, showcasing the best the city has to offer. Different restaurants from around the big city brought in huge crowds to pig out on some of Atlanta’s tastiest dishes.

If you didn’t get to attend the event, now is your chance to drool over what you missed, make a to-do list for your next stop in the ATL, or to start the countdown to next year’s festival.

Taste of Atlanta

Photo by Hailey Nelson

You don’t have to be hipster or a native Atlantan to attend Taste of Atlanta, you just have to have a slight obsession with good food.

Some of the most well known restaurants that appeared at the event were Fox Bros. BBQ, Max Lager’s, Sugar Shack, and Rosebud.

Fox Bros. BBQ was serving up mini sliders topped with onion, sliced dill pickle and shredded juicy BBQ and drizzled with some of their signature BBQ sauce.

One tent that caught my attention and sweet tooth was The Sugar Shack, which is famous for their irresistible cupcakes and rare flavor combinations like Cannoli and Mojito.

Taste of Atlanta

Photo by Hailey Nelson

Not to brag, but they presented a Sweet Potato cupcake that is only available October through December that I was dying to try. If you want to sample a cupcake that is not only moist but also full of fall flavors, be sure to check out their shop in the Brookhaven Shopping Center along Peachtree Road.

Another must-visit restaurant pumping out incredible dishes was Zack Brown’s Southern Ground.

Southern Ground was serving up two southern flavored food options, the Pork Shoulder Roti Taco and Creole Seafood Jambalaya. The Pork Shoulder Taco was served in a flaky pastry cup with shredded pork and topped with colorful veggies that brought this dish to life.

Taste of Atlanta

Photo by Hailey Nelson

And don’t worry, there were multiple drink stations throughout the streets, filled with beer, wine, soda, and even better…free coffee.

This event is great for college students to attend because a general admission ticket is only $35, and you get points on your wristband to get yummy food.

So if you didn’t attend it this year, put it on your to-do list for next year ’cause who doesn’t like trying new food all day?