Suddenly realizing that your NSO body has vanished and you have developed an “extra layer of skin” in order to “protect you from the cold”? I write to you all as I eat my roommate’s large tub of Nutella. The truth is that we tend to eat junk once the bathing suits are put away and the bulky sweaters come out. Here are some tips on where to go and what to eat so you can get your body back to where it should be:
- Want a light breakfast or lunch? Get a fruit smoothie from the food truck on 37th and spruce. I suggest strawberry, banana, mango.
- If you want a more filling drink, try going to Pottruck. You can follow your workout with a peanut-buttery shake.
- Replace your morning Einstein bagel with an egg white omelet with cheese and spinach on a wrap from Lyn’s food truck.
- 4. Swap out your BBQ chicken Allegro pizza with a make-your-own-salad from Gia Pronto, Sweet Green, or Houston dining hall. Fill it with tomatoes, cucumbers, cheese, tofu or chicken or tuna! Go for a lighter dressing like Balsamic.
- 5. Stop drinking sugar-filled drinks like Coke and Sprite. Instead, try Diet Snapple or Unsweetened Iced Tea. If you feel the need for bubbles, try Seltzer.
- 6. Can’t get rid of your sweet tooth? Buy some sugar-free chocolate covered peanuts from CVS. They’ll definitely hit the spot. I also recommend the sugar-free Gummy Bears.