McDonald's is a classic standby that never fails to disappoint. For whatever reason you're in need of a fatty McD fix, you can count on a tasty experience. I sometimes think people get stuck in their usual ordering routines and overlook all McDonald's has to offer - including the endless ways to get creative with a meal. Here are some hacks you can use to change up your routine and try something new.

1. McCrepes

If you are in the mood for something sweet for McBreakfast, look no further than the McCrepe. Order the Hotcakes and the Fruit N' Yogurt Parfait. Mix up your parfait to create the filling for your crepes. Fill your hotcakes with the yogurt filling and fold them in half. Boom!

peanut, peanut butter, syrup, bacon
Megan Mueller

2.  A Poor Man's Big Mac

As a college kid, I'm always looking to save a dollar when I can. One thing you should know about McDonald's is that you can order Big Mac Sauce on any sandwich.  So go ahead and order a McDouble - which is much less expensive than a Big Mac - and add Mac Sauce to it. You won't get that extra bun in the middle, but the taste is pretty comparable for less dough.

beef, steak, cheese, egg, bacon
Megan Mueller

3.  Put A Patty On It

Something as simple as ordering a fried chicken patty can change up your regular order. Add it to a breakfast sandwich or to a burger for something different. Put it in between two McGriddles and create your own chicken and waffles. Or order a fish patty to a normal hamburger and create a McSurf n' Turf burger. The possibilities are endless.

hamburger, cheese
Megan Mueller

Don't be afraid to get creative with your future McDonald's orders. Change up an old favorite or try something new entirely. It doesn't always mean your order is going to be more expensive since many substitutions and add-ons are free. You'll be be lovin' it the next time you head out to those golden arches.