Mariah Carey is well known for her perfect physique, her mesmerizing albums, and her gorgeous body. But none of this comes easy. In fact, the "Vision of Love" singer states that Norwegian salmon and capers are the secret to her curvy body. Yes, you heard that correct. That's all Mariah Carey's diet consists of. 

She told E news! that her diet is is extremely hard and people would hate it. I know I would. But to stay in shape she says she  sticks to lean proteins and that it is the worst. I mean, seriously? Can you imagine only eating capers and salmon all day everyday? 

#SpoonTip: If you don't know what a caper is, here's what you should know.

The Nutritional Value of Mariah Carey's Diet 

smoked salmon, salmon steak, sushi, lemon, meat, steak, sashimi, trout, fillet, seafood, fish, salmon
Jonathan Chan

Salmon has a lot of health benefits. It provides the body with large amounts of vitamin B-12, vitamin D and selenium. It's also a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acid, and, of course, protein. Apart from being richly flavored, capers have antioxidant powers, riboflavin and are a good source of fiber. 

An Expert's Take

stir-fry, tomato, broccoli, carrot, onion, pepper, vegetable
Christin Urso

Nutrition expert Whitney English told People magazine that a healthy diet needs to be a well balanced one. She said that any diet that excludes micronutrients isn't recommended. So despite the immense supply of vitamin B12 and vitamin D in her diet, Mariah Carey still doesn't get the recommended daily allowance of calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, vitamin C, folate, thiamin, and vitamin K. Despite consuming 2000 calories a day, she is unable to meet the required nutrients the body needs daily.  

What Mariah Carey's Diet Used to Be

When she gave birth to twins Moroccan and Monroe in 2011, she once again went on a quest to lose weight. She lost 30 pounds by following a strict diet and workout regime. Is she dedicated or what? Her go-to workout was water aerobics where she worked on her chest, legs and abdomen. Though her diet was extremely limited, it wasn't as bizarre or difficult as simply eating salmon and capers. 

sandwich, spinach
Claire Dinhut

If all you want for Christmas are the ideal measurements and physique, then maybe try and follow Mariah Carey's diet plan. But do consult a nutritionist first. However, I personally recommend adding a bagel and cream cheese to the salmon and capers to make it a real meal.