TVFoodMaps

Looking to eat at a restaurant featured on “Best Thing I Ever Ate,” “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives,” or any other unique Food Network show? Check out TV Food Maps. The app will find D.C. restaurants that have been featured on the Food Network or Travel Channel. It’s also an awesome app for finding great eats while on road trips. (Free in the App Store).

Photo by Isabel Hayes

FoodQuest

Download FoodQuest and get ready for an adventure.  This well organized, easy-to-use app includes all kinds of cuisine options. You can try new foods – whether it be Greek, German, or Middle Eastern – and then choose if you want a romantic, friendly, or business setting. (Free in the App Store).

food apps

Photo by Isabel Hayes

Got Eventz

Got Eventz can track down local music shows, bars, and restaurant deals. The apps’ “Places to Eat After 11 PM” section is great for D.C., and has introduced me to great late night restaurants – most of which deliver. It also includes a list of D.C.’s happy hour and brunch spots, as well as daily deals. (Free in the App Store).

Photo by Isabel Hayes

UrbanSpoon

UrbanSpoon is one of the more popular and widely used food apps, and is definitely one to download if you haven’t yet. It filters by neighborhood, cuisine, or price, but also has fun filters such as “Celeb Faves,” “Bargain Gems,” and “Hottest in D.C.”  The app also allows you to make reservations and compare restaurant picks with other users. (Free in the App Store).

food apps

Photo by Isabel Hayes

Clink!

Clink is a hidden gem. The app gives you the scoop on the best happy hour drink and food deals in D.C. Clink posts deals and times under the restaurants’ location and phone number. The app is a great time saver and will definitely help you discover great deals. (Free in the App Store).

Photo by Isabel Hayes

Food Truck Fiesta

This app is a must have. It tracks hundreds of D.C. food trucks, and updates the trucks’ locations in order to find trucks near you. It also provides you with menus, reviews, and the trucks’ tweets. ($0.99 in the App Store).

Photo by Isabel Hayes