With warmer weather upon us, it’s time to go outside and enjoy the sun. Whether you decide to go for a run, lay by the pool, or take a walk on the beach, these delicious snacks are guaranteed to keep you satisfied and energized.

1. Oatmeal:

oatmeal2

Photo by Laura Palladino

First up is the fiber packed punch of oatmeal. It’s a slow digesting carbohydrate, meaning it will give you constant fuel for all your favorite outdoor activities. Try adding some seasonal fruit or delicious nut butter to enhance the amount of energy this meal will provide.

2. Apples:

apple3

Photo by Laura Palladino

Next, we have my personal favorite: apple slices with peanut butter. Apples are full of natural sugars and carbohydrates that are sure to keep you alert and lively. In terms of energy, apples are proven to be a healthier alternate to a cup of coffee. Experts say that eating an apple can give you the same amount of energy as a cup of coffee. Add some creamy peanut butter to your apple slices for a more filling snack.

3. Eggs:

eggstoast2

Photo by Laura Palladino

Finally, for those of you who don’t have a strong sweet tooth, eggs paired with whole wheat toast and some natural jelly should do the trick! Eggs are packed with protein to help aid in muscle recovery while you exercise. The whole wheat toast will provide slow digesting carbohydrates to give you constant energy through your workout. If you’re wanting to make a meal out of it, add some turkey bacon for even more protein.

Now, dig up those running shoes you hid away for the winter and whip up one of these easy pre-exercise snacks. You’re sure to have an extra pep in your step through all your summer day’s activities.