Somehow March has completely crept up on us, and with it comes the beginning of Lent. Lent begins this Wednesday (March 1st) and if you're anything like me, you will once again try to give up junk food. However, if you are also anything like me, this will not be an easy success. So, if your willpower isn't amazing, use these healthy alternatives to get you through Lent. 

Chocolate

To this day, I still have a hard time believing that there are people out there that don't like chocolate. For them, this would be no problem, but, if you are one of those people that LOVES chocolate and you are trying to live without it for 6 whole weeks, it won't be easy. Instead of caving in and devouring a chocolate bar, try incorporating cocoa powder into your healthy snacks. 

Instead of giving in and having a Snickers, try cocoa powder in your oatmeal for breakfast to sneakily (and healthily) keep your resolution.

#SpoonTip: It's even better if you mix it up with some honey and bananas. 

Ice Cream

I am not one of those people who can only eat ice cream when it's hot. So, I completely understand why you'd give ice cream up for Lent and just how hard that can be. But, even though it may be one of the 8 Wonders of the World, that doesn't mean ice cream is always in our best interest.

Instead of breaking Lent and having a quadruple scoop of your favorite flavor, try a healthier alternative. One of my favorite alternatives to ice cream is Chloe's Soft Serve. Choosing a fruit based dessert or even a sorbet is way healthier than ice cream and will keep you in God's good graces. 

Coffee

Although there is much to love about coffee, I am living proof that you can overdo it on caffeine. So, if you are using Lent as a reason to cut back, more power to you. However, I can assure you this won't be easy and you might need to rely on other caffeine alternatives. Try green tea instead of coffee as it has proven to have some amazing qualities. 

Pizza

While it might feel impossible to get rid of late night Domino's, giving up pizza won't be as bad if you replace it with bruschetta. If you close your eyes, the diced tomatoes and mozzarella will seem just as good (and better for you) than the pizza you have 40 days left without. 

Soda

Whether you're into diet or regular soda, we all know soda ain't the way to a spring break bod. So, instead of giving in and having a big glass of Coke (or Pepsi, if that's your preference for some reason), try to switch it up for seltzer. Doing this will keep you in line with your Lent goals and also save you from all of the sugar of soda. 

While Lent might feel impossible, incorporating these healthier options will make giving up your favorites suck that much less.