Just because you've looked forward to the Super Bowl all season doesn't mean you're going to necessarily be prepared when you wake up on game day... Prepared in the snack department, that is. 

Don't panic. So what if you haven't been cooking up a storm for you big Super Bowl viewing party shindig? All your friends are coming over and they're bringing their appetites. And you're on a budget? No problem. These five Spoon recipes all take less than five minutes to make, call for five or fewer ingredients and are perfect for snacking in large groups. 

1. Bacon, Cheddar, and Sour Cream Party Dip

cereal, sweet
Emily Doyle

Be honest, we had you bacon. 

This snack threesome is a classic flavor combo for one reason and one reason alone: it's delicious. You could disagree, but you'd be wrong. 

2. Adult Bagel Bites

pie, tomato, mozzarella, crust, pastry, pepperoni, dough, cheese, pizza
Marie Rodgers

At times of extreme stress and extraordinary pressure (so, anytime a sports game you care about is on), comfort foods can serve as a great source of emotional strength. Let these adult bagel bites be your Super Bowl saving grace, one bite you'll be 7-years-old again, very enthusiastic and more happy about what's in your mouth than anxious about things outside of your control.

3. Fresh Salsa

corn, vegetable
Hana Ezaldein

Not everything you eat on Super Bowl game day has to weigh heavy with melted cheese or be loaded with meat. Brighten your Super Bowl day spread with this dish, guests won't even notice you're feeding them something healthy. Not if you toss freshly chopped cilantro in, anyway. 

4. Guacamole (of course)

avocado, salsa, guacamole, corn
Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

"I really wish I hadn't made guac," said no one ever. 

So go ahead, make a bunch (you can use leftovers as a face mask). Stir in some hummus, or mix in some kale, heck you can stir in curry and bacon if you want—your guac, your upgrade (we recommend pineapple). Making guacamole isn't hard if you know what you're doing, and it's as delicious to taste as it is easy to make.

5. Creamy Pesto Dip

sauce, vegetable
Maddy Shannon

Mayo + sour cream + pesto = magic. You could dip a wood chip into this recipe and it would taste good, seriously. (But don't eat wood chips, seriously.)

Sure, artichoke and spinach dip is a classic, but it's also been on every game day table from coast to coast for the past umpteen years... It's 2017 if you don't mix things up now, will you ever?