If you’re like me, you love to snack. Whenever I leave my house I almost always have something with me to munch on, and even while I’m at home you can usually find me with some sort of snack item next to me as I mindlessly eat it. Some snack choices, though, are not the best for our health. I.e. those greasy potato chips, fat-laden cookies, and sugar-filled candies that are probably in your pantry right now (I’m guilty too, don’t worry).

But snacks don’t have to be bad for you. Enter JicaChips, the superfood jicama chips that are about to be your new favorite snack time obsession.  

cookie, chocolate, candy, sweet
Lauren Kruchten

The secret ingredient behind JicaChips are jicama, which are the new trendy superfood you should get acquainted with, if you haven’t already. Jicama is a root vegetable that tastes like the cross between an apple and a potato with its beige outer skin and juicy, sweet inner flesh. It’s a super healthy alternative to a regular potato, as it contains half the calories and carbs, with additional vitamin C, fiber, and potassium.

The nutritional benefits of jicama roll over to JicaChips, which have five times the fiber of potato chips, meaning you can eat more of them and stay satisfied for a longer period. Just 10 potato chips clock in at 100 calories, while roughly 25 JicaChips contain the same amount, along with 80% less fat. This is because JicaChips are baked, not fried, and the plain variety contains only three ingredients: jicama, olive oil, and sea salt, leaving out all the artificial stuff that you’d find in a typical bag of chips.

Additionally, JicaChips are free of transfat, cholesterol, and gluten, while still maintaining a decent amount of protein, fiber, calcium, and iron. They’re also non-GMO, paleo, vegan, and 100% natural. Basically, they’re super trustworthy to make you feel good about eating them, so feel free to snack away guilt-free.

JicaChips are a little odd-looking, compared to the potato chips you’re probably used to, but I guarantee they taste great. They’re light and crispy, with only a sprinkling of salt to really entice your tastebuds and keep you reaching for chip after chip. A huge plus is that they don’t leave your fingers covered in grease (or cheese dust - looking at you Cheetos).

If you do want to experience a little more flavor at snack time, JicaChips luckily come in a variety of delicious flavors to satisfy a range of cravings. These include smoked BBQ, spicy soy ginger, white cheddar, cinnamon sugar, and chili lime. All varieties contain the same 100 calories per bag, along with real spices, cheese, and other natural flavors to make the chips taste like the real thing without all the fake ingredients.

So next snack time when you’re craving a good ‘ol crunchy bag of chips, reach for JicaChips to satisfy your hunger and provide you with super health benefits you won’t get in a bag of Lay’s.

I received JicaChips free of charge, however all opinions are my own.