Avocados are the best food ever, and in the last year everyone has become obsessed with this little fruit. They’re splashed not only on menus across every cuisine, but also on every other foodie’s Instagram or BuzzFeed.

And the numbers don’t lie. Recent statistics further support my observation of the avocado love affair. According to Google Trends, the search of the word “avocado” has increased 31% since the beginning of this summer.

avocado

Photo courtesy of Google Trends

While avocado remain a hot commodity, I want to offer some ways that you can incorporate avocado into every meal.

Breakfast

Classic Avocado Toast

What do you need?

In its simplest form, you can grab a spoon and eat an avocado with just a dash of salt n’ pepper and a squeeze of lemon. Or if you’re feeling crazy, you can throw it on your toast with, well, anything. But before you can be too daring, you have to master the classic avocado toast.

All you need is some quality bread, a half or full avocado (depending on how thick you want your avo layer), some red pepper flakes, lemon juice and some salt and pepper.

avocado

Photo by Avery Singer

Avocado Toast with Eggs

Once you’ve mastered your avocado toast, throw an egg (either scrambled or over-easy) on top.

avocado

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Bagels with Avocado

Next time you order a BEC, change it up and add avocado.

avocado

Photo by Rebecca Raben

Omelet with Avocado

If you’re trying to avoid bread, make an omelet and put some avocado on it. The inside of this omelet consists of spinach, tomato and goat cheese.

avocado

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Lunch

Challah Sandwich with Avocado

This challah sandwich is simple to re-create and is comprised of honey maple turkey, havarti cheese, avocado and tomato.

avocado

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Wrap with Avocado

This whole wheat wrap consists of oven-gold turkey, swiss cheese, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, avocado and honey mustard.

avocado

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Snacks

Avocado Smoothie

When you’re trying to decide what fruit to throw in your smoothie, don’t forget the “alligator pear” (avocado). Recipe here.

avocado

Photo courtesy of MACTED

Dinner

Avocado in your Salad

When making your next salad, use: mixed greens, shrimp, fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, pesto and obviously avocado.

avocado

Photo by Emily Hauben

Turkey Burger with Avocado

This turkey burger is lavished with avocado, tomato and feta. Honey mustard makes for the perfect dipping sauce.

avocado

Photo by Juliet Paterek

Dessert

Avocado Brownies

Avocado makes the perfect butter substitute! I dare you to dabble with this recipe and make fudgy avocado brownies. Recipe here.

avocado

Photo courtesy of How Sweet It Is

Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles

Don’t waste your time questioning this nutritious superfood combo, instead spend that time making it. Recipe here 

avocado

Photo by Emily Hu

It’s too early to say whether or not avocado can be dubbed a fad, but what I do know is that I will forever indulge in my pleasant avocado addiction.

But one last question: where is that avocado emoji?

Check out these other related articles: