Those of us who are New Girl fans love the diversity of personalities that live, and frequent, the loft. Have you ever wondered what your favorite character would be if they were a cupcake flavor?

With Jess’s quirky antics, Nick’s laziness and Schmidt’s vanity, the loft is not a place with a singular personality. In our modern day of foodies and creative cupcake shops, cupcakes now come in all kinds of adventurous flavors and sizes. My love for this hilarious show got me thinking about what flavor each character would be if they were a cupcake.

1. Nick: Maple Bacon

new girl

Photo courtesy of Brian Ambrozy on flickr.com

Nick is the epitome of a typical masculine dude: he is a bartender, he loves talking about girls, he loves drinking beer, and he cringes at the thought of eating a salad. There’s really no doubt that he would be a maple bacon cupcake. There is a hidden sweetness in this savory cupcake, just like there is in Nick.

new girl

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

2. Schmidt: Red Velvet

new girl

Photo courtesy of Allie Cooper on flickr.com

This is another obvious choice. Schmidt thinks of himself as royalty and he is always put together. Red velvet cupcakes taste basically like a chocolate cupcake but are served at special or fancy gatherings. Almost everyone likes red velvet cupcakes but isn’t always in the mood, similar to how almost everyone in the loft feels about Schmidt.

new girl

3. Jess: Strawberry Lemonade

new girl

Photo courtesy of Justin Krebs on flickr.com

Airy, fruity, light and happy. This cupcake is Jess in a nutshell. She has a love for bright colors, outdoor gatherings, being unique and making people happy…a strawberry lemonade cupcake is basically Jess.

new girl

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

4. Winston: Cotton Candy

new girl

Photo courtesy of Sharon Hahn Darlin on flickr.com

Ah, Winston. The random character who seems to have no real significance in the plot, and is just there to make weird comments or do weird things. Cotton candy cupcakes are weird and random, and cotton candy and cupcakes don’t seem like a combination of flavors that many would pick. However, those that would pick this cupcake probably love it a lot, just like the Winston fans.

new girl

5. Coach: Healthy Carrot Cake

new girl

Coach is all about physical fitness and nutrition. Clearly he would be a carrot cake cupcake. But, it wouldn’t be an unhealthy one with thick cream cheese frosting; it would be a healthy variation and probably with some kind of protein powder thrown in the batter. Coach would say that even dessert is a time to make some gains.

new girl

6. Cece: Champagne

new girl

Photo courtesy of @thesaltedcupcake on Instagram

Cece is the classic party girl and you can almost always find her in a good mood. She is a classy champagne cupcake: bubbly, sweet, tangy, fun and edgy. Plus, Champagne and red velvet go well together…wink wink.

new girl

7. Ferguson the Cat: Vanilla

new girl

Photo courtesy of Mariko Mcdonald on flickr.com

I’m not even a huge fan of cats and I think Ferguson is adorable. Ferguson is always around but not always noticeable, just like a vanilla cupcake. He’s sweet and fluffy, but can be overlooked by other more interesting things in the loft, in the same way that a high-quality vanilla cupcake could get ignored in a bakery when in comparison to a strawberry lemonade or maple bacon cupcake, for example.

new girl

8. Fawn Moscato: Chocolate on Chocolate

new girl

Photo courtesy of Mack Male on flickr.com

Fawn is so into herself and thinks she’s everyone’s favorite, just like a chocolate cupcake. Yeah, it’s good, but if there were other options, a lot of people would pick something else. In reality, Fawn would never be caught dead eating a cupcake in public unless it was for some kind of promotion or made with healthy ingredients.

new girl

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

9. Outside Dave: Peanut Butter Popcorn

new girl

Photo courtesy of @nail_art_fanatic on Instagram

Outside Dave is kind of gross, but lovable at the same time. Just like you might scrunch your nose at the thought of a peanut butter popcorn cupcake, deep down you know this is appetizing. You probably wouldn’t want to eat this cupcake all the time, but once in a while, it is definitely a good choice, just like hanging out with Outside Dave.

new girl

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

10. Tran: Green Tea

new girl

Photo courtesy of Cindy Chen on flickr.com

This one just makes sense. Tran doesn’t say much, and he gives Nick the best advice literally without saying anything. He is just like a green tea cupcake: mysterious, interesting and best during a calm moment in the afternoon, particularly in the outdoors.

new girl

I don’t know about you, but I would love to walk into a cupcake shop with all of these flavors. Next time I turn on New Girl for a Netflix binge, I will probably be craving cupcakes.