If you’re anything like me, you live for Chipotle’s chips and guac. They’re the perfect side to any burrito, taco, burrito bowl, or salad. And honestly, if you’re not that hungry, they can stand alone as an ideal little snack.

They are absolutely amazing in every way, except one thing: they’re not free. Though they’re not crazy expensive, it would be nice if you didn’t have to pay the $3.25 to enjoy them (because what college student isn't stingy?).

Well, the Chipotle gods heard your prayers. Until April 7th, if you play a game on their website and win, you can get free chips and guacamole with the purchase of any entree (yep, it’s that easy). And don't worry, the game isn’t even that hard. If I can do it, you can too.

How did this wonderful thing happen?

You might be confused why Chipotle is deciding to grace us with free chips and guac this week, because it does seem sort of random. Well, for those of you who don’t keep up with the latest news in all things Chipotle, last week they introduced the preservative-free tortillas, making every ingredient that they use in their foods completely free of added colors, flavors, or preservatives (that’s a huge deal).

To give you an idea of how huge exactly, Chipotle is the only fast food chain to do it, so major props to them. 

What’s the game all about?

sauce, pizza, beer
Rachel Linder

Obviously, our favorite Mexican fast food chain wants to spread the word about this accomplishment, because healthy food is the best food. To do that, Chipotle created a game on their website called “Spot the Imposter,” where all you have to do is pick the ingredient that has added colors, flavors, or preservatives (AKA the imposter healthy food), and you will get a free chips and guac voucher sent right to your phone. That’s definitely a win.

And if you think that’s good, you also get entered into the Spot the Imposter Sweepstakes, which could win you free burritos for a year or a free dinner party for 10 people. 

Sadly, you can only win one free chips and guac per mobile number, so here’s what you should do: get as many friends as possible to play the game and then you can all celebrate your free chips and guac together. Talk about squad goals. 

Can this go on forever?

Unfortunately, this free chips and guac deal can’t last forever, so it’s super important that you drop any homework or other commitments (like I did to write this article) in order to get your coupon. You have from now until Friday, April 7th to play the game and get the voucher, but if you can’t rush to Chipotle this week to redeem it, don’t worry. You have until the end of April to get your free chips and guac.