From the three main meals of the day to every snack and treat in between, there are endless ways to get your green fix this St. Patrick’s day. Though some green food choices may be a bit obvious, this article is here to jog your memory of any and all green foods you can pour into your stomach by the end of Thursday, March 17. Let’s just hope your skin doesn’t turn green as well.

1. Avocado toast

patrick

Photo courtesy of food52.com

trendy favorite that is pretty to look at and pretty to digest, as it is filled with healthy nutrients to start your day.

2. A Green Smoothie

patrick

Photo by Kathryn Stouffer

Another healthy and trendy option, and one you can easily make yourself or pick up on your way out of the house.

3. Green eggs and ham

patrick

Photo courtesy of cliparts.co

This is obviously one of the more creative choices. Why not spice up your everyday breakfast by putting a spin on an old classic? A little food dye can go a long way, and can surely start your day on a “green” foot.

4. Salad

patrick

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Though a boring word, it is a green word. After all, when you see what I have lined up for dinner and dessert throughout the rest of the article, you will be thanking me that you actually ate something healthy for lunch. If your salad choices are feeling uninspired, check out these articles for some inspiration.

To continue with the healthy trend, lunch is a good time to stock up on healthy foods before you end up eating your weight at the feast (did I say feast? I meant dinner). To name a few green foods to keep your trend going, you could munch on cucumbers, green apples, green grapes, celery, kiwi, or any number of naturally green things.

Another tip, if you’re thinking of ordering a sandwich for lunch, get it in a spinach wrap. There is no stopping this green machine.

5. Deviled Green Eggs

patrick

Photo courtesy of food52.com

Just like the green eggs and ham, this is a dish that can be transformed by the magic of food coloring.

6. Pasta with Pesto

patrick

Photo by Emma Norton

Everyone loves pasta, so why not throw some pesto on it? Another obvious choice for a green dinner, but why leave out a classic favorite from this article.

7. Green Cake, Cupcakes, and Cookies

patrick

Watch as the magic of food coloring transforms yet another timeless classic. Your basic green cake, plus your basic green frosting, and some St. Patrick’s Day decorations to top it off. What more could one want?

8. Shamrock Shake

patrick

Photo courtesy of tablespoon.com

Food coloring, for dayyysss. Take your classic vanilla milkshake and transform it into something festive. Here are some recipes to get your milkshake gears grinding.

9. Chips and Guac

patrick

Photo by Mallory Shaner

Enough said.

10. Willy Wonka’s Razz Apple Fun Dip

patrick

Photo courtesy of candycrate.com

Does this fall under the snack category? Probably not. Is it healthy? Definitely not. Would this article be incomplete without mentioning the heavenly goodness that is Razz Apple Fun Dip? Of course. Everyone remembers eating Fun Dip as a kid, but often we forget about this magical treasure that literally turns your entire mouth a vibrant green. Fun Dip is always a staple of my annual St. Patrick’s Day diet, and hopefully it can become one of yours.

So basically, St. Patrick’s Day is a nice day-long excuse to eat all of your favorite foods while having fun by coloring them an unnatural hue. St. Patrick’s Day, like all other American holidays, boils down to a day about eating, friends, and fun. Hopefully you can incorporate some of these green recipes into your festive holiday, and hopefully you don’t turn green in the process.

patrick