You've seen the videos on Instagram and YouTube: "CONTOUR LIKE AN INSTAGRAM PRO!," "CONTOUR YOUR NOSE WITH A FORK???," and "Women Try Applying Foundation With An Egg." Well, we (Jennifer and Julia) decided to put them all together in this tutorial to teach you all how to do your makeup using items in your kitchen. You can even go a step further and use food instead of brushes (alternative uses for broccoli, anyone?). Let's get started.

Jennifer Nigro

Here's what we worked with for this tutorial: a hardboiled egg, a sponge, a whisk, chopsticks, a spork, a pasta spoon, a bowl scraper, and our makeup collections.

Jennifer Nigro

First, we applied primer. Next, I applied my foundation and blended it with a hardboiled egg. I took note of what other people had done in previous attempts, which was wiping then dabbing with the egg. This took a while, but no product was wasted and eventually it looked pretty good! Unfortunately for me though, I had quite the breakout the next day, so maybe don't try this one at home. But if you do, these homemade face masks will definitely help you out. Julia had already applied foundation, as she uses a water-based foundation that's applied best with your fingers.

chocolate
Jennifer Nigro

After foundation, I set my makeup with powder. I used a slightly damp kitchen sponge, which was a total fail, so I gave up and used the compact puff that came with the powder foundation. Then, we contoured with the help of a whisk and a bowl scraper, and it worked!

cake, chocolate
Jennifer Nigro

The next step was the ever important highlight. Julia and I used sporks to help us out, which was another kitchen utensil success. I used a flat foundation brush to apply mine, and Julia used a highlighter stick. The sporks were the real MVP in the eye look, especially when we used the spoon side to do our eyeshadow. Are sporks the next cut crease hack? We'll see! I used the fork side to help with my winged eyeliner, and I would definitely recommend this method. We then applied mascara normally.

Jennifer Nigro

Chopsticks were the next helpful kitchen utensil, helping us keep a nice line when doing our eyebrows and lips. We both used a pencil for our eyebrows and I used a lip stain while Julia used liquid lipstick.

cake
Jennifer Nigro

Overall, the final look came out pretty decent, and we definitely were able to go out in public with it. Using kitchen utensils to do our makeup was a fun experience and I definitely recommend using some of the items as guides if you need them. However, never use an egg to blend your foundation, because you will probably break out after, and that is a not-so-fun experience!