Going pescatarian was life-changing for me. Substituting fish for meat helps me feel more energized and opens a new door for cooking at home. Here're all of the benefits I noticed after adopting a pescatarian lifestyle.

1. Feel More Energized

By eating non-fatty foods, I noticed that my body began to wake itself up easier, and I developed an internal clock. It's a relief to stop feeling sluggish every morning and to start my day off on the right foot.

2. More Muscle Definition

Because I'm sleeping more, I wake up feeling rested and my motivation for going to the gym is at an all time high. I'm even meeting my fitness goals. My body feels rejuvenated, and I notice that muscles look more toned. 

3. Food substitutions are better for you

The more fish I eat, the healthier I feel. I like to substitute meat for one type of fish (usually tuna or tilapia) and then pile on tons of veggies. That's way better than the french fries, pizza, and burgers I used to crave. By switching my diet, it's easier to try new veggies such as bok choy, kale, and escarole. Kale chips are the new French fries. 

4. You Don't Always Have to Cook Fish

Opening a can of tuna takes zero to three seconds, while meat takes significantly longer to prepare. You can't eat raw meat, but you can eat raw fish (sushi). 

At the end of the day, switching my diet has been such a beneficial experience. If you're looking to try a healthy, easy-to-prepare diet, then take a walk on the pescatarian side—it's definitely a worthwhile experience.