Easter has come and gone. The eggs have been hunted. Guests have gone home. The only thing that remains is the leftovers. What’s one to do with a little bit of all the good stuff? Needless to say, there’s an over-abundance of food to begin and end with. If your family is anything like mine, you don’t leave a gathering without enough food to feed a small army. The good news is, with a little creativity, leftovers can make meals for days. Here are some ideas for Easter leftovers. For many households, a simple Easter feast may include ham, prime rib, or perhaps steak. Side dishes range from vegetables, potatoes au gratin, green bean casserole, soup, and of course, no meal is complete without salad.

easter leftovers

Photo by Liana Lis

If you’re lucky to have any main course protein left, breakfast is an English muffin away. Toast the muffin up with some cheese (any kind works well here), slice up some ham or beef and pile high. For a healthy addition, add some tomato and avocado. Ham complements eggs for any meal of the day. Break up the monotony of traditional scrambled eggs and finish by sprinkling on some Parmesan cheese. If you’re really motivated, turn your ham and eggs into a tasty omelet. For our omnivores, there is no dilemma here.  Add the protein to any salad for a healthy on the go bite. Grab some leafy greens toss in any veggies as much and as colorful as needed and lunch or dinner is done.

easter leftovers

Photo by Liana Lis

Another alternative for leftover ham or steak is mac and ham or mac and beef. Slice it, dice it, chop it up and mix into cooked macaroni and cheese for a hearty treat. I like to chop up the meat into small pieces for added texture and taste.

easter leftovers

Photo by Liana Lis

For the eggs that didn’t get used up, boil them up and make a quick egg salad. Here’s a simple recipe using avocado!  If eggs salad is not your thing, simply take them with you on the go. It’s super easy and great as a mid-afternoon protein booster.