On Thursday night, November 5th, Florida State University’s Sigma Delta Tau hosted a fundraiser that went off without a hitch. Two hundred and fifty members of the sorority had a mission to raise money for Women for Women International, and succeeded their goals thanks to their brilliant idea: unlimited chicken wings.

Yeah, you heard me right, unlimited chicken wings, and for only five dollars. As if that wasn’t enough, the ladies also provided us with live music from an impressive band that was upbeat and energetic throughout the entire night. The members catered to every person who walked through the door, making sure that we were satisfied when it came to food and drink refills.

sigma delta tau

Photo by Jackie Kuczynski

Women for Women International has been around since 1993 and has helped 429,000 women in countries who have been affected by war and conflict. Women for Women International directly works with these women in 8 countries offering them tools and support to eventually get out of poverty.

The women are provided with a safe place to learn about life and are taught vocational skills. Once the girls are enrolled into the program they receive a month stipend that enables her to participate in the program. Women for Women International has been featured on BBC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, 60 Minutes, and The Oprah Winfrey show.

sigma delta tau

Photo by Jackie Kuczynski

Buffalo Wild Wings and Florida Wing Factory donated the delicious wings for the fundraiser, and those who came to the event had the option to pick between 3 flavors: hot, mild, and barbeque. The chicken wings were crisp to the touch and packed with a lot of flavor. They were accompanied by blue cheese and ranch dipping sauces. Insomnia cookies also donated M&M and chocolate chip cookies to the fundraiser, and people had the option to purchase soda for $1

sigma delta tau

Photo by Jackie Kuczynski

Make sure to thank the Sigma Delta Tau ladies for all of their dedication and their hard work!

sigma delta tau

Photo by Jackie Kuczynski