We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. So for me, that means splurging on a couple of items so I start my day in the best way possible. Recently, I noticed how many healthy Trader Joe's breakfast items there are and decided that instead of just sticking to my oatmeal, I should add some variety to my morning meals.

That being said, it's easy to get caught up in it all and forget that some of Trader Joe's items are actually pretty unhealthy, so I decided to compile the ultimate list of healthy(ish) Trader Joe's breakfast items so that you too can start your day with Joe.

1. Butter Croissants

chocolate, sweet
Gracey Wallace

If you're someone who tends to stick to a lighter breakfast, TJ's butter croissants are a great option. I know what you're thinking – croissants aren't really that healthy, which is sometimes true. But hey, these babies are huge and only 300 calories, so paired with healthy options like avocado or eggs they would make a great balanced breakfast.

#SpoonTip: Heat up the croissant so you can feel like you're sitting in a café in Paris

2. Unsweetened Organic Açaí Puree Packets

cake, tea
Gracey Wallace

Açaí bowls are one of my favorite things to have for breakfast, and these pre-made packets are super easy to make. All you have to do is throw it in a blender, then add whatever you want, whether it be blueberries, bananas, or granola. One of these packets only has 80 calories and 0 grams of sugar. Score.

3. Blueberry Waffles

chicken, sweet, waffle
Gracey Wallace

These are the Trader Joe's healthier version of frozen Eggo Waffles, but they definitely are just as good. Two waffles are only 220 calories, 9 grams of fat, and 5 grams of sugar. If you're looking for a quick and easy breakfast that you can eat on the go, pop these in the toaster and eat them on the go. 

4. Quiche Lorraine

cheese
Gracey Wallace

Most people looking to be healthy in the morning wouldn't necessarily reach for the Quiche Lorraine since it's full of ham and cheese, but Trader Joe's comes in clutch and their pre-made quiche is relatively healthy. One whole quiche is 460 calories, but it's also pretty big, so I would definitely suggest splitting it in half and saving the rest for later. 

#SpoonTip: If you're ever hosting a brunch, this would make a perfect and easy addition.

5. Hash Browns

vegetable, sweet
Gracey Wallace

I know what you're thinking, "how can hash browns be healthy when they're my go-to hangover cure?" That's true, most hash browns you get in your college dining hall won't be healthy, but these frozen ones at Trader Joe's are.

Per serving, these hash browns only have 60 calories, 14 grams of carbohydrates, and 0 grams of fat. So if you're really craving a savory breakfast treat, these are the way to go. 

6. French Toast

sweet, bread, toast, french toast
Gracey Wallace

French toast is also not something one would typically think of if they're trying to have a healthy breakfast, but again Trader Joe's doesn't fail us – two slices have 260 calories and 5 grams of fat (plus has 10 grams of protein). It's an easy way to satisfy your morning sweet tooth. 

7. Gluten and Dairy-Free Pancakes

syrup, cake, crepe, sweet, blueberry, pancake
Gracey Wallace

Gluten- and dairy-free? Done. Three pancakes is only 240 calories. If you're looking to spice these babies up, I suggest adding some berries and maybe even a dollop of almond butter on top.

8. Whole Wheat British Muffins

coffee
Gracey Wallace

English muffins are pretty much a staple breakfast food in my house and these Trader Joe's ones, in my opinion, are the best. One of these TJ whole wheat muffins is 120 calories, 1.5 grams of fat, and 6 grams of protein. The options with this healthy breakfast are endless but my personal favorite is toasting a couple and adding some avocado on top to make a mini version of avocado toast.

9. Belgian Waffles

candy, dairy product, waffle, bread, cake, sweet
Gracey Wallace

These Belgian waffles are definitely up for the challenge of being a healthy breakfast food, as long as you resist the urge to throw some ice cream on top. For one waffle, it's only 120 calories and 6 grams of fat. 

#SpoonTip: Stick to adding berries or bananas if you're looking to make this breakfast fiber-filled. 

10. Chicken Breakfast Sausage

barbecue, bacon, meat, pork, beef, sausage
Gracey Wallace

Anyone looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle knows that chicken or turkey sausage is the way to go. These ones from TJ's only have 110 calories and 6 grams of fat per serving. Pair these with some eggs in the morning and you'll be full until lunch.  

I could spend hours wandering grocery story aisles looking for healthy meals, but if you're unlike me and don't have time to do that, then this list of Trader Joe's healthy breakfast options will save you time and keep you on top of your health goals.