Sonic Drive-In is a fast food restaurant known for its unhealthy creations. If you take a look at their menu, you'll see an abundance of greasy foods and sugary drinks. It seems like there is no healthy food at Sonic because everything is ~extra~. For instance, instead of regular popcorn chicken and chicken strips, they have Jumbo popcorn chicken and Super Crunch Chicken

Speaking of ~extra~ food, let's take a look at the SuperSonic Double Cheeseburger and SuperSonic Bacon Double Cheeseburger. Both of these burgers contain about 1200 calories, 80 grams of fat, 34 grams of saturated fat, and 1500 milligrams of sodium. Those numbers are outrageous for one sandwich. 

While Sonic isn't the picture perfect place to get a healthy meal, it has a few options that are better than the SuperSonic Burgers.

1. The Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Sonic Drive-in

Bob B. Brown on Flickr

The Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich is one of the healthiest options to order at Sonic. It has 460 calories, 17 grams of fat, and 2.5 grams of saturated fat. The best part about this sandwich is that it packs 33 grams of protein to fuel you for hours. If you still want to cut a few calories, just ask for no mayonnaise. 

2. The Grilled Chicken Wrap

The Grilled Chicken Wrap's nutritional info is similar to the Classic Grilled Chicken Sandwich. It has 440 calories, 15 grams of fat, 3.5 grams of saturated fat, and 32 grams of protein. If you want to be even healthier, order this item without the light ranch dressing.

3. The 3 Piece Super Crunch Chicken Strips

This is the part of the list where the items listed aren't necessarily healthy, but are better for you than the SuperSonic Burgers. For instance, the 3 Piece Super Crunch Chicken Strips aren't too bad for you. The three piece has 350 calories, 17 grams of fat, 3 grams saturated fat, and 23 grams of protein. These numbers don't sound terrible, but that's because there are only three pieces of chicken. Getting more than three is what can cause problems. 

4. The Jr. Burger

The Jr. Burger may technically be on the kid's menu, but don't think you can't order it if you are a full-grown adult. This burger will give you the Sonic flavor you love, without all the cheese, toppings, and extras you don't need. The Jr. Burger is served with pickles and your choice of a condiment. It has 320 calories, 16 grams of fat, 5 grams saturated fat, and 16 grams of protein.

5. The Chicago Dog

The Chicago Dog is a good choice for anyone that wants a lot of flavor in a small package. Sonic's Chicago Dog has all the relish, pickles, tomatoes, and sports pepper's a hotdog lover could want. It has 420 calories, 19 grams of fat, 7 grams saturated fat, and 12 grams of protein. This dog will make you think you're in the windy city instead of Sonic's parking lot.

Next time you're looking for fast food flavor without the fast food calories, know you can order healthy food at Sonic instead of the SuperSonic Burgers. I don't know about you, but saving those extra calories means I can take a look at the happy hour menu. I'll just ignore the nutritional info...