The lanes of Old Delhi embody a rich and spectacular history. Born in 1639 as Shahjahanabad, the walled city retains its magical charm and exuberance to this day, with most of it being displayed through its fabulously delicious food. If your hungry soul craves royalty, then It’s time for you to head to the Mughal capital and try some classics (without burning a hole in your pocket)

1. Fruit Sandwich at Jain Coffee House

This combination might sound absurd, but is actually a match made in heaven. This fruity amalgamation is going to transport you to heaven, for sure. Try this at Jain coffee house, Chawri bazaar, with their lip smacking cold coffee for a heavenly experience.

Price: Approx. ₹150 for two people.

2. Rabri Faluda at Giani Di Hatti

Made by combining special noodles called falooda, creamy kulfi, delicious rabri and topped with rose water and colourful sugar syrup, Rabri Falooda remains an all-time favourite throughout the Indian landscape. Try this at Giani di Hatti, Chawri bazaar, to cool off the right way.

Price: Approx. ₹150 for two people.

3. Jalebi at Old Famous Jalebi Walah, Dariba Kalan

There is probably nobody who does not like the crisp, warm, sugary and orangey spiral that we call the jalebi. Since the monsoon experience is incomplete without a plate of steaming hot jalebis, go over to the old famous jalebi walah, Dariba Kalan, in order to bite into the best ones EVER.

Price: Approx. ₹100 for two people.

4. Daulat Ki Chaat from Street vendors

This might be called a chaat, but is actually a beautiful dessert,a unique concoction of milk, nuts and Mawa, carefully churned in order to produce a soft and wonderfully palatable cloud. Found only in winters, sold only by roadside vendors and endemic to Chandni Chowk, this is a must try. (After all, winter is coming!)

Price: Approx. ₹40 for two people.

5. Shahi Tukda with Ice Cream at Shahi Cool Point

The humble bread couldn’t receive a better makeover than this. An Indian take on the famous bread pudding, shahi tukda is fried bread soaked in sugar syrup and topped with thick layers of mawa, rabri and nuts. Tempting right? Well that it is and it gets better when combined with ice cream. Try this orgasmic combination only at Shahi cool point, Jama Masjid.

Price: Approx. ₹100 for two people.

6. Butter Chicken at Aslam Chicken Corner

Now now, this isn’t your usual Punjabi butter chicken, just chicken in a creamy tomato based gravy (although it’s yum too but still). This one right here is spiced, roasted chicken doused in oodles of melted butter. Found only at Aslam’s in Jama Masjid, this recipe, supposedly brought in from Pakistan 20 years ago, made their small business boom in no time. If you are a hardcore non-vegetarian, congratulations, you have officially found your paradise.

Price: Approx. ₹400 for two people.

7. Kebab at Kale Baba Ke Kebab

A tiny hole in the wall food stall located amidst the dingy and serpentine lanes of Jama Masjid, this small excuse of an outlet serves the most succulent and delectable kebabs in the entire city. Try their famous Sutli kebabs (kebabs so creamy and delicate that they have to be held together by a thread) or mutton seekh kebabs with a chilled coke to attain nirvana.

Price: Approx. ₹250 for two people.

8. Flavoured Milk at Sudarshan's

Located at the beginning of Nayi Sadak, Chawri Bazaar, this small outlet serves the best flavoured milk in town. Try their famous Kesar-Badam milk to beat the heat this season. Each sip of this deliciously creamy milk will leave at least 2 almonds in your mouth, along with a plethora of flavours and lots of bliss.

Price: Approx. ₹80 for two people.

9. Deep Fried Paranthas at Paranthe Wali Gali

This landmark lane has hosted a good number of Bollywood celebrities, all here to have crispy and flavoursome Paranthas. From pineapple to potatoes, these unique Paranthas are best consumed with cold, sweetened lassi or buttermilk.

Price: Approx. ₹150 Rupees for two people.

10)Chaat at Shree Balaji Chaat Bhandar

Also famous as the Radha Swami Chaat Bhandar, the chaat here is the most authentic one ever. Their special Sweet and sour chutney or saunth is what sets it apart from the other chaat places in Chandni Chowk. If a party in your mouth is what you want, head here asap!

Price: Approx. ₹100 for two people.

Well folks, if there is a foodie’s paradise on earth, it is here, it is here, it is DEFINITELY here. Great food within a budget. What more do we want from life?