French fries? Now we’re talking. This Wednesday SpoonU headed back to Upper to serve some homemade french fries…and aioli with the help of dining services. Sorry to the people who didn’t get homemade fries! Who knew we would run out of 100 lbs of fries before noon?! We tested out the dining hall’s new french fry cutter and lets just say we’re never going back to the frozen variety again. Also, we’re obsessed with these french fry cones. Just sayin’. Students had a choice of regular fries or sweet potato fries (or both) with several different aioli and condiment options. Yup, we went there.

french fries

Photo by Julia Portnoff

The aiolis were garlic and rosemary, curry, pesto, siracha, and chipotle. Condiments included siracha ketchup, malt vinegar, parmesan cheese, pink sea salt, and rosemary olive oil, just to name a few. You could say we nailed it.

french fries

Photo by Julia Portnoff

Unfortunately, if you were one of the few that couldn’t make it, you can make your own aioli. Spread it onto a sandwich or dip your roasted veggies in it. If you’re feeling adventurous, here is some spoon-spiration (see what I did there). SpoonU Union will be back again soon so stayed tuned folks.

Want more SpoonU Union in the dining hall? Tell us what we should make here!