The farmers market in Burlington, Vermont happens every Saturday morning, and it’s worth waking up for. Opening at 8:30am until 2pm it’s the perfect way to indulge yourself into all things local and delicious. This guide will show you a few of the many amazing food stands you must try when going to the farmers market.

Rockville’s Market Farm Stand

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

Let’s start with Rockville Market Farm’s stand. Now this place mainly consists of produce that’s grown locally by a family farm in Starksboro, Vermont but their special is the Butternut Squash Chorizo Egg wrap.  And let me tell you, it’s delicious.

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

I get this every week (not kidding) It’s that good. Put your name down and wait 5 minutes while you watch your egg and chorizo get cooked on a small griddle right next to the stand. It’s the perfect start to your Saturday morning, especially if you had a long night. We’ve all been there.

Theo’s Maple Lemonade

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

Nothing better to wash down your egg chorizo wrap than a slightly sweet Maple Lemonade. Theo’s lemonade comes in two flavors: Original and Cranberry. The tartness of the lemonade is complimented by sweet Vermont Maple Syrup.  It’s super refreshing. This is just Vermont’s way of saying “What can’t we put maple syrup in?”

Wholey Cacao

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

So say you’re not into Lemonade so much, or it’s a cold Autumn morning and you want something hot and cozy to sip on. Wholey Cacao’s Hot Chocolate will blow your mind. This no dairy chocolate drink will give any normal hot chocolate a run for its money. It’s spring water based with raw organic cacao and coconut palm sugar but it’s just as creamy and delicious as any milk based hot chocolate. And it’s a whole lot better for you. Because the cacao is raw and not cooked with high heat, it retains all the health benefits that would regularly be destroyed in the cooking process.

Green Mountain Pot Stickers

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

Green Mountain Pot Stickers are an awesome vegan alternative at the farmers market. Their potstickers are chewy, crunchy and come in a few different flavors like Vegetable, Chive, and Bean. They promote street style Asian food with a healthy twist that is equally delicious.

Maple Cotton Candy

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

Vermonters somehow find a way to make everything Maple flavored, and this stand is no exception. The Maple Cotton Candy stand does just as it says: sells maple cotton candy (as well as other maple assorted goods). These fluffy bags of heaven are made right in front of you before you purchase them, and are nothing but pure bliss. It’s not as sweet as you expect, and it’s nearly impossible to not finish the whole bag in one sitting.

Pan-Afghan Foods

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

If you’re looking for a little diversity to your early afternoon diet, try Pak-Afghan Foods. Their samosa’s come in an array of different flavors, all better than the next. Savory or spicy, these fellas are easy to eat, come with a side of assorted sauces, and are down right delicious.

Green Mountain Twisters

Farmers Market

photo by: Lily Andrea

Green Mountain Twisters sells, you guessed it, soft pretzels. Not just your average salt pretzels either. They come in flavors like everything, artisan seed, maple cinnamon raisin (like I said.. Vermont… Maple… you get the gist now). They’re easy to grab and go, and are mostly organic. They’ll give your classic New York City soft pretzel a run for their money.

And that’s not even half of the amazing stands found in Burlington’s farmers market. You need to experience it yourself to really understand why so many people go, and come back every Saturday. With the coming cold months the farmers market does move indoors, but you can still enjoy most of your favorite food stands year round.