It took me a while to finally jump on the Greek yogurt bandwagon, but now I can confidently say that I am a fanatic (I’m staring at my second empty carton of peach Chobani of the day while writing this). If you’re ready to go Greek, too, read the scoop on the three top brands:

1. Chobani®

greek yogurt

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

Approximate Cost: $1.22-$1.69 per container
Nutrition: Calories: 100-140. All products contain natural ingredients, lots of protein and calcium, no preservatives, and are gluten-free.
Review: Probably the most popular brand and my personal favorite, Chobani comes in so many flavors that it takes longer to decide which kind to buy than to actually eat the damn things. The mildly sour flavor, sweet fruit on the bottom and thick, smooth texture all mixed together will definitely leave you satisfied.

If you’re feeling adventurous, check out Chobani Flip yogurt products, which are part yogurt and part toppings. Whoa.

2. FAGE®

greek yogurt

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

Approximate Cost: $1.79-$1.99 per container
Nutrition: Calories: 120-130 for the 0% fat products. FAGE tends to have less protein and sodium than other brands, but is also free of preservatives and gluten.
Review: FAGE has a rich, sweet taste and comes in full fat, low fat and nonfat styles, which gives it extra points. The flavored yogurts come with a separate flavor compartment attached to the main yogurt part, so you can do as much (or as little) mixing as your heart desires.

3. Dannon Oikos®

greek yogurt

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

Approximate Cost: $1.29-$1.49 per container
Nutrition: Calories: 100-130. No additives used, high protein and calcium content.
Review: Oikos comes in both traditional and non-fat styles, but has a creamier texture and a more bitter taste in comparison to the others. They have ventured in more unusual flavors, like caramel macchiato and apple pie, but I tend to think that this brand is more watery than the others. But hey, more power to you if you prefer this bad boy (shout out to John Stamos fans everywhere…).

Gif courtesy of Giphy.com

[divider_1px]

More good stuff here: