Whether these nine dresses were inspired by the designer's favorite foods or are just making the audience crave some snacks, we can't deny how closely these Golden Globe outfits resembled food.

1. Carrie Underwood

Carrie Underwood's pale pink Golden Globes dress may not shout food, but once you think about strawberry milk, you really can't look at the dress the same. The way the ruffles wave together at the top and then flow smooth at the bottom, it has the sweet, creamy feel of strawberry milk for sure.

2. Emma Stone

Ever think about how strange sprinkles are? Then there are those even stranger silver sprinkles used to decorate wedding cakes and holiday cookies. Well those metallic-yet-somehow-edible sugar decor is exactly what Emma Stone's Golden Globes dress reminds us of.

3. Natalie Portman

There are endless shades of yellow and it might not be the easiest color to pull off, but Natalie Portman's Golden Globes look proves us wrong. Not only does she look amazing, but the dress almost perfectly captures the yellow tone of sweet corn making us wish it was autumn again instead of winter.

4. Priyanka Chopra

There's something about gold that always brings my mind to champagne. With the detail in this dress, along with the color, Priyanka Chopra's dress reminds us of a glass of bubbly. However, since we're not all living the lavish life quite yet, here's some champagne us non-celebrities can celebrate the Golden Globes with.

5. Sarah Jessica Parker

Sarah Jessica Parker's Golden Globes dress reminds us of freshly spread frosting. You know that satisfying feeling of spreading the first layer of frosting on a cake that you miraculously didn't burn in the oven? Well the way SJP's dress flows behind her gives us that same satisfaction. You go girl.

6. Naomi Campbell

There are Insta-worthy outfits and then there are Insta-worthy foods. Naomi Campbell's Golden Globes dress reminds us of both. If you've ever seen a flawless layer cake, you will know what I'm talking about. Those perfect layers of cake and frosting look almost as perfect as Campbell in this layered dress.

7. Olivia Culpo

Olivia Culpo's Golden Globes dress has literally so much going on that it might drive you a little crazy—like a salad jam-packed with veggies, protein, grains and just about anything else. Much like stacked salad, this dress turned out perfect once you put everything together.

8. Brie Larson

Brie Larson's Golden Globes dress was bright red and crisscrossed in the front. If this doesn't make you immediately think of Twizzlers then you need to re-evaluate the candy in your life.

9. Janelle Monae

This Golden Globes outfit was one of my personal faves and not just because it reminded me of a childhood dessert. Janelle Monae's dress was fun, yet classic and looked like it could've been inspired by Dippin' Dots. How can we blame her though? Everyone loves ice cream.

The Golden Globes—like most other award shows—have a hyped up red carpet with all of the attention on fashion. High fashion or not, the outfits seem to have some food-spiration behind the designs. Maybe for the next awards show we should eat beforehand.