You were at Venue last night later that expected, so you snooze your alarm three times…and all of a sudden you have ten minutes to get to Lecture Hall. It’s happened to the best of us, but it doesn’t mean our stomachs should be growling for the next two hours. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, because as a student your mind and body need fuel to work to their full potential. Whether you eat clean all the time or order Nirchi’s every other night, you need carbohydrates and protein to keep you as strong as a bearcat should be. Try these quick, easy, and healthy options for on-the-go eating all day long.

1. Yogurt

Photo by Jason Cruz

Chobani Greek Yogurt is made of all natural ingredients, has only 130 calories, comes in over 20 flavors, and has endless possibilities of toppings. The most popular additions are granola and fruit, both of which can be found at every dining hall or at the local supermarket. An interesting spin is adding granola, such as Bare Naked, or berries.

2. Protein Bars

Photo by Jason Cruz

Whether you like nuts, fruit, candy, or oats, there is a healthy and delicious bar for you. Over a dozen companies make protein or breakfast bars that you can eat any time of day.Buy a box so you have bars to last you for weeks of snacking. My personal favorite, Power Bar, comes in all different flavors, like Peanut Butter, and keep me feeling full for hours. Some other choices are Quest Bar, KIND, Kashi, or Special K Cereal Bars.

3. Fruit

Photo by Jason Cruz

All across campus you can find both chopped fruit, berries, and whole fruit. The Union, for example, has apples and bananas, which are easy to eat while walking. There is also pre-cut fruit in each dining hall, such as pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, which can be taken on the go in a bowl or Ziploc bag. We suggest buying a few from your community dining hall, and storing them in your dorm for the next few days for easy snacking or for when you are in a rush.

4. Dry Cereal

Photo by Jason Cruz

There isn’t always time in the morning to sit down in the dining hall and dig into a nice bowl of cereal and milk, but that doesn’t mean you aren’t craving Cocoa Puffs or Lucky Charms before that 8 am class. By putting some dry cereal into a Ziploc bag, you get to eat that yummy treat but with no mess while you walk (or sneakily in the back row of the classroom). Try mixing two cereals in one bag for a whole new breakfast experience.

Packing the night before can help ease the stress in the morning, especially if you are still half asleep!