If you have Celiac disease, are gluten-intolerant, or simply choose not to eat gluten, Cafe Vivian in the Frist Campus Center is the perfect place for you. Although the dining halls do a decent job of providing gluten-free options, you may get tired of repeating the same meal combinations over and over again. Cafe Viv, as it is affectionately called, is the perfect alternative! Even if you are not regularly gluten free, the variety of gluten-free options at this adorable little spot is quite impressive, and sure to win you over.

Gluten Free Pizza

gluten-free

Photo by Allegra Dobson

The gluten free pizza at Cafe Viv is insanely delicious. It is the perfect size for a personal pizza, or as a snack for two people, and the endless toppings options include spinach, peppers, mushrooms, chicken, cheese and more. The pizza shown above is called the garden pizza, one of my personal favorites!

Gluten Free Sandwiches

gluten-free

Photo by Allegra Dobson

Cafe Viv’s gluten free bread is not the flavorless cardboard you would expect. Featured above is a sandwich on toasted gluten free bread with melted cheddar cheese, roast beef, lettuce and tomatoes. Add some honey mustard on that bad boy and you’ve got yourself a sandwich that you won’t regret! Other sandwiches offered at the cafe are a hummus and veggie sandwich, a ham and swiss sandwich and a grilled chicken sandwich. Of course, you can always get creative with the ingredients and create your own sandwich. 

Sushi

gluten-free

Photo by Allegra Dobson

Sushi is one of my favorite gluten free options. More importantly, Cafe Viv offers brown rice sushi! While they also have the more traditional white rice sushi as well, Cafe Viv is one of the only places in Princeton you can find brown rice sushi, and you can watch the sushi being made right in front of your very eyes!

Gluten Free Cookies, Bars, Chips, and More

Even if you don’t have time for a meal, Cafe Viv offeres many gluten free snack options. Cafe Viv has a wide selection of granola bars, including Clif Bars, Luna Bars and Cascadian Farm Granola Bars. They also sell many gluten free chip options like sweet potato chips and veggie chips. If you need to satisfy your sweet tooth, the delightful gluten free cookie packets are the way to go.

Salad Bar

gluten-free

Photo by Allegra Dobson

In addition to all of these options, Cafe Viv has a wonderful salad and soup bar. All of the ingredients are always fresh, and there are always at least three types of gluten-free pre-made salads. These often include tofu and rice salads.

If You’re Still Not Convinced…

The atmosphere at Cafe Viv is perfect for just studying and snacking. In addition, even if you are not gluten free, Cafe Viv also has a huge variety of glutinous pizza and sandwich options that are also fantastic!