Even though Spring Break just passed, we still need to take into consideration that Summer is a few months away. Scary thought right? As the weather gets warmer, our bodies will still have the comfort food weight from the brutal winter. Be ready to shed that extra fat with some of the following foods to help get your bikini body ready.

1. Greek Yogurt

Most greek yogurt brands have 0 grams of fat and 12 grams of protein. It contains probiotics to help keep your system in check along with your calcium intake. There are a variety of flavors to choose from if plain isn’t the choice for you. Mix things up by adding fruits, nuts and granola to create a meal that is more filling and prevents hunger longer.

Get Your Beach Body Ready

Photo by Marci Green

2. Oatmeal

Packed with high fiber and a good amount of protein, oatmeal is a whole grain you do not want to skip out on. Oatmeal is a useful part of a safe and healthy weight loss plan. According to MyPyramid.gov, oatmeal and other whole grains can reduce the risks of heart disease, high cholesterol and constipation, as well as help with weight loss and healthy weight management. Try these oatmeal recipes!

Overnight Oats

Photo by Marci Green

3. Nuts

Nuts are high in healthy fats, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Unsalted almonds,walnuts and pecans are most common for helping weight loss. Eating these helps reduce your risk of heart disease and possibly prevent breast cancer. You can eat them on their own, or mix them into salads for that crunch you’re looking for.

Get Your Beach Body Ready

Photo by Marci Green

4. Eggs

Eggs are chock full of amino acids and the combo of protein and fat helps you feel full and avoid overeating. You can have them served as scrambled, egg whites or omelets to keep that healthy momentum. Check out these different ways! The protein in eggs helps build muscle which then burns the fat and helps tone your body.

Get Your Beach Body Ready

Photo by Marci Green

5. Apples

Just like most fruit, apples contain low number of calories and fat as well as high fiber, vitamins and minerals. The fiber helps you feel full longer. Enjoying a fiber-packed apple, especially before a meal, is a good way to curb your appetite. It’s also a great low-fat snack when you’re on the run.

Get Your Beach Body Ready

Photo by Marci Green