If there's one thing I'm absolutely terrible at, it's knowing when fruit is ripe. From bananas to pomegranates, I'm always either too early or too late — and after it's opened, there's just no going back. But the one fruit I can literally never get right is the avocado. 

Whether it's hard as a rock or just brown and gross, I usually end up throwing one or all of them away. If only someone invented a device that gave you some sort of indicator as to when the fruit was ripe, right? Well, that's what Reddit is for.

One Redditer recently revealed that someone has indeed created a sticker indicating when the avocado is either "not ripe," "firm ripe," or "soft ripe," based on the color of the shell. The photo of the sticker soon made its way to Facebook and then went viral.

But one Facebook commenter was quick to point out: "Unfortunately, this is not all that true. I work in produce and we have dark ones come in brand new off the truck and they are hard as rocks. Generally it's true, but it really goes by the firmness of it. Pro tip, pair with a banana in a paper bag to make it ripen quicker."

Another Facebook commenter asked: "Are people [too] damn lazy to feel the avocado and understand that if it's hard as a rock it needs a few days to ripen? Color has little to do with it being ripe." Here's to being damn lazy, friends.

While the sticker may not be foolproof, it is definitely a giant step for people like me who have little to no knowledge of avocados. At least this time, I won't have to Google "how to know when an avocado is ripe" literally every time I'm at the grocery store.