I love birthdays, and it's not just because of the presents and parties. It's mostly because I get to eat cake (on my birthday and for the next week) and I get free food. In the past, my parents would take me out to dinner, but now that I'm in college my parents aren't usually there to celebrate it with me. Luckily, there are a bunch of chain restaurants all across the United States where I can get a ton of free food and drinks for my special day no matter where I am. To make it even better, some of these restaurants offer specials throughout the whole month and not just on the day of your birthday. If you want to make your special day/month even more special, check out these 122 chain restaurants that offer free food on your birthday

#SpoonTip: Check out where to get free dessert on your birthday too, because sometimes cake is not enough.

1. Applebee’s

Dessert's on the house for members of the chain's EClub. My roommate is a server at Applebee’s, and word on the street is you’ll also get a pretty cool birthday song, also on the house.

2. Arby’s

Sign up for Arby's Extras and receive a coupon for a free curly fry and small shake on your birthday.

3. Auntie Anne’s

Signing up for Pretzel Perks gets you a free classic pretzel just for you and your day.

4. Baja Fresh

Join Club Baja and get a free taco for signing up and a free burrito on your birthday.

5. Baskin Robbins

Sign up for Baskin Robbins Birthday Club and get a free scoop of ice cream on your birthday.

6. Ben & Jerry's 

Sign up to be a Flavor Fanatic at Ben & Jerry's and you'll get a free scoop on your b-day. 

7. Benihana

Sign up online and get a $30 gift certificate during the month of your birthday.

8. BJs Restaurant & Brewhouse

A free Pizzookie is coming your way on your birthday if you sign up for Premier Rewards Plus.

9. Black Angus Steakhouse

Get a free Cowboy Cookie with the purchase of an entree on your birthday.

10. Black Bear Diner

Kick off the celebrations with a free Bearthday Breakfast (pancakes or waffles, eggs, and bacon or sausage).

11. Bojangles

Sign up for the E-Club and you'll get a free Bo-Berry Biscuit on your day with a purchase. 

12. Boston Market

When you sign up for Boston Market's Rotisserie Rewards, you'll get a free reward when your b-day rolls around. 

13. Breugger’s Bagels

Your day of birth will grant you one free bagel and your choice of cream cheese when you sign up for its email club.

14. Bruster’s Real Ice Cream

If you haven’t had Bruster’s, allow me to change your life – with a BOGO waffle cone discount on your birthday when you sign up for the e-club. You'll also earn $3 off as soon as you sign up for the club, too!

15. Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Party, Forrest, Party! Celebrate with a free birthday cupcake, complete with a candle and a song.

16. Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant

Bucca lets you choose between a free colossal brownie sundae or a double dark chocolate cake on your birthday. Plus, if you're a first-time subscriber to Buca's eClub, you'll receive a $10 gift card. 

17. Buffalo Wild Wings

Sign up for Blazin' Rewards and get free food on your birthday in the form of snack-size wings (boneless or traditional) to celebrate your big day.

18. California Pizza Kitchen

Sign up for the CPK rewards program and you will get a free dessert on your birthday, which is extra exciting because their chocolate brownie is insanely good (ask to get it warmed up).

19. Capital Grille

Another b-day gift that doesn't require your email address! Just show up at the Capital Grille on your birthday for a complimentary dessert to end your meal.

20. Carl’s Jr.

Celebrate your birthday with a free Western Bacon Cheeseburger, Famous Star, or Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich when you sign up for the Carl's Jr. app.

21. Caribou Coffee

Caribou Perks members can get a free drink, any size, as long as you've made a purchase in the previous six months.

22. Carrabba’s

Score a free appetizer or dessert any time during the month of your birthday when you join the Amici (friend) Club.

23. Carvel

Enjoy a free small cone if you're a Fudgie Fanatic.

24. Checkers

Checkers will gift you one free small milkshake on your birthday if you're a rewards member.

25. Cheesecake Factory

Tell your server it's your birthday while enjoying the seemingly endless menu, and you'll get a free treat for dessert.

26. Chick-Fil-A

Become a member of Chick-Fil-A One and receive a birthday reward from Chick-Fil-A, valid for 30 days.

27. Chili’s

Channel your favorite (fictional) regional manager of a small-town paper company and become a MyChili’s Reward member to get a free dessert on your birthday.

28. Chipotle

Sign up on the Chipotle app to receive free chips and guacamole with a $5 purchase.

29. Cici’s

In case this list doesn’t give you enough all-you-can-eat freebies, you can take advantage of a free adult pizza buffet at Cici’s when you sign up for rewards and achieve more free food on your birthday.

30. Cinnabon

Club Cinnabon gives revelers a coupon for a free treat.

31. Coco’s Bakery

Forget the cake, Coco’s will celebrate your birthday with a free slice of pie. Candles may or may not be included.

32. Cold Stone

I love Cold Stone, so I definitely think signing up for the Cold Stone Club to get a free ice cream creation on my birthday is worth it.

33. Corner Bakery

Join the Corner eCafe to score rewards and a free birthday pastry.

34. Crumbl Cookies

Swap out a birthday cake for a free birthday cookie when you download the Crumbl app

35. Culver’s

This beloved Midwestern burger joint will give you one free sundae on your birthday if, and only if, you join its "club."

36. Dairy Queen

Fans of the dessert served upside down, rejoice. Drop your birthday into the DQ mobile app to get a free Blizzard treat.

37. Daphne’s California Greek

On your birthday, Daphne’s will gift you $5 off your next visit, automatically loaded onto your Pita Points Rewards Club card on your birthday.

38. Del Taco

Snag a free premium milkshake on your birthday if you join its Del Yeah! Rewards club.

39. Denny’s

Add the Denny's app to your home screen and you'll be on your way to a free birthday reward.

40. Dickey’s BBQ Pit

Join Yellow Cup Rewards and celebrate your special day with free food on your birthday with their barbecue classic sandwich.

41. Dippin’ Dots

The "ice cream of the future" is weirdly nostalgic, just like birthdays. Relive your childhood and join Dot Crazy! Email Club to celebrate with free Dippin' Dots on your birthday.

42. Edible Arrangements 

Get a 12-count chocolate-dipped fruit box for your birthday, which retails for $30, when you sign up for Edible Rewards and provide your b-day info. Gimme those gorgeous dipped strawberries!

43. Einstein Bros Bagel

Get a free egg sandwich on your birthday when you sign up for the Einstein Bro's rewards program.

44. El Pollo Loco

When you sign up for the chain's rewards program, you'll get a free food giftie on your birthday. Hmm...that is loco.

45. El Torito

Sign up for ET’s E-Club for a free birthday entree, up to $15.

46. Farmer Boys

The burger hub's VIF club — that's Very Important Farmer, though you don't have to be a farmer to be a VIF — will give you a delightfully vague "birthday surprise." Plus, if you're signing up for the first time, you'll get a $5 reward on top of the birthday surprise.

47. Firehouse Subs

Join Firehouse Rewards to get set up with a free medium sub on your big, big day.

48. Friendly’s

Among the many rewards for joining the BFF club, the ever-friendly Friendly's will set you up with a free medium sundae during your birthday month.

49. Fuddruckers

Join the Fudds e-Club for a BOGO 1/3 pound birthday burger.

50. Genghis Grill

Rewards members can get BOGO bowls at Genghis Grill. A treat for you and your BFF!

51. Godfather’s Pizza

Members of Godfather’s Loyalty Club get a free medium one-topping pizza on your birthday when you purchase breadsticks.

52. GODIVA

Sign up for the GODIVA rewards program and get a free birthday offer that varies month to month.

53. Grimaldi’s Pizzeria

Free 16" one-topping pizza (valued up to $17) for rewards members, so long as you make one purchase per year.

54. Hard Rock Café

Rock out with a free BOGO entrée on your birthday as a loyalty member.

55. Hooters

Get 10 free wings on your birthday when you sign up for the Hooters eClub

56. Hot Dog on a Stick

Rewards members can get free Funnel Cake Sticks, up to $3.49, on their special day.

57. IHOP

Sign up for IHOP's reward program and get a free stack of pancakes on your birthday, anniversary, and right when you sign up.

58. Islands

Join Island's Tiki Link and get a free dessert to celebrate the rest of your bounty of free food on your birthday.

59. Jack's

Shake it up on your birthday with a free milkshake from Jack's Family Restaurants when you sign up for their app. 

60. Jamba Juice

As a Jamba Insider Rewards member, you will get a free birthday smoothie or juice.

61. Jersey Mike’s

Sign up and get a free sub on your day of birth.

62. Jimmy John’s

Let’s hope for the best, here: If you join Freaky Fast Rewards, Jimmy John's says "We wanna party with you! Frequent Freakers™ may earn a surprise reward on their birthday!"

63. Joe’s Crab Shack

You'll catch one free appetizer on your birthday if you sign up for the delightfully named "Joe's Catch" newsletter.

64. Johnny Rockets

Stop into Johnny Rockets the week of your birthday and grab a free burger with the purchase of an entree and drink as a member of the Rocket eClub.

65. Junior's Cheesecake

Join Junior's Birthday Club to get a free slice of cheesecake with the purchase of a lunch or dinner entrée. And if you're stuffed with the other birthday offerings, you have seven days before and after your birthday to claim your prize.

66. Krispy Kreme

You can get free dozen original glazed donuts on your birthday if you're a Krispy Kreme Rewards member. That's right... 12 donuts for free! 

67. Longhorn Steakhouse

Not only will you get a free appetizer when you sign up for a Longhorn account, you'll also get a free dessert on your birthday.

68. Macaroni Grill

Get a free dessert with entree purchase on your birthday.

69. Marie Callender’s

Save $5 off two entrees and a free slice of pie on your birthday.

70. McDonald’s

Download the McDoanld's app and you'll be on your way to a BOGO 10-piece McNugget, Big Mac, or Quarter Pounder With CheeseMake sure to get all the good dipping sauces, too!

71. Melting Pot

Melting Pot offers free chocolate-covered strawberries when you sign up for its online club. Just make sure you fondue it (sorry) before your birthday so the free treat arrives in time.

72. Menchie’s

Get a $5 store credit for frozen yogurt on your birthday by joining the mySmileage program.

73. Mimi’s Cafe

After you've stuffed yourself with free food on your birthday from everywhere else, Mimi's offers a free Mixed Berry Muffin Sundae for dessert if you're an E-Club member.

74. Moe’s Southwestern Grill

Download the Moe's mobile app to get a free burrito. Oh, and you get a free order of queso just for joining the loyalty program.

75. Noodles & Company

Become part of Noodles Rewards and free food on your birthday will be coming your way. 

76. Nothing Bundt Cakes

Join the email list to get a free Bundtlet, aka an absolutely delicious, individually packaged miniature bundt cake.

77. O'Charley's 

Signing up for the O'Club will get you a free birthday treat on your b-day. 

78. Olive Garden

Get a free dessert on your birthday and you'll also get a free song from your waiter(s). Plus, those breadsticks are also a divine freebie, too!

79. Outback Steakhouse

Head to the Land Down Under for a Bloomin' Onion when you sign up for Outback Rewards. Plus, many locations will offer a free dessert for your special day. 

80. Papa John's 

Become a Papa Rewards member and Papa John's will give you a very special dessert on the big day.

81. Panera

Join the Panera rewards program and get a free pastry on your birthday.

82. Peet’s Coffee

Sign up for Peetnik rewards and get 25 free points to use on whatever you desire. Just make sure to download the app at least one week before your b-day and have a prior purchase. 

83. Pei Wei

To celebrate your birthday, Pei Wei Rewards Members can enjoy a free small plate of crab wontons, edamame, vegetable spring rolls, or a pork egg roll.

#SpoonTip: If you have a furry friend, you can get free treats on your pet's birthday when you sign up for PetSmart's Treats program. 

84. P.F. Chang’s

As part of P.F. Chang's rewards program, you can get a free dessert during your birthday month.

85. Pick Up Stix

Rewards members get a "special gift" on their birthday. Hopefully, it's a free order of wontons!

86. Pieology

Join the PieLife for a free BOGO pizza or entree salad.

87. Pinkberry

As a Pinkberry loyalist, you will receive a free yogurt on your birthday and a free yogurt after every 10 purchases you make regardless of the day.

88. Pita Pit

Sign up to be a Pita Pit rewards member and you'll get a free pita on your birthday. 

89. Pizza Hut

When you make a Pizza Hut online account, they will email you a coupon for free cinnamon sticks or breadsticks on your birthday.

90. Planet Smoothie

Birthday Club members can get their fruits and veggies in with a free smoothie valued up to $6.

91. Popeye’s

Rewards members get a free apple pie dessert on their birthday.

92. Potbelly 

Get free food on your birthday by accompanying your sandwich with a free cookie on the side when you sign up for Potbelly Perks.

93. Qdoba

Qdoba Rewards members get a BOGO birthday burrito deal. We recommend sticking to regular birthday candles, though.

94. Quiznos

Quiznos loyalty members can enjoy a BOGO birthday sub sandwich.

95. Raising Canes

Join the Caniac Club and receive a free drink on your birthday, along with food rewards on your Caniac Club anniversary and other special holidays.

96. Red Lobster

Fresh Catch Clubbers get a birthday freebie chosen at random. Honestly, we'd be happy if it's just an order of Cheddar Bay Biscuits.

97. Rita’s Italian Ice

Head over to Rita's on your day of birth, and it'll reward you with a free scoop of Italian ice when you're an e-Club member. 

98. Red Robin

Red Robin Royalty can enjoy a free burger during your birthday month. Birthday burger…YUM!

99. Rubio’s Coastal Grille

Rubio's rewards program's birthday deal is a surprise. Who doesn't love a surprise? Plus, you'll get $5 off your first order. 

100. Ruby Tuesday

You may not want to be SoConnected, but signing up for the club means you score free dessert or a free trip to the Garden Bar.

101. Sbarro

Keep channeling your inner Michael Scott with a stop at his favorite authentic New York pizza joint: Slice Society members get a free slice with a drink purchase on their birthdays.

102. Seasons 52

Just let your waiter know it's your birthday and you will get any dessert you want for free.

103. Smashburger

SmashClub members get a free side and/or classic smash burger to ring in their new year.

104. Sonic Drive-In

My Sonic rewards get you a free birthday treat when you drive up.

105. Sprinkles

Enjoy a free cupcake from Sprinkles on your birthday.

106. Starbucks

Sign up for the Starbucks Rewards program at least seven days before your birthday and get a free drink.

107. Subway

When you sign up for Subway's MyWay Rewards, you will get a free cookie on your birthday.

108. Sweetgreen

Sweetgreen will celebrate your birthday with a $10 credit that is valid for up to 30 days. To receive the birthday reward, you must add your birthday to your profile on the Sweetgreen website or app at least 14 days prior.

109. Texas Roadhouse 

Sign up for their VIP membership with your email and get a free appetizer on your day. Fried pickles, here I come!

110. Tim Horton's 

Get your coffee or breakfast sandwich fix for free on your special day when you sign up for Tims Rewards

111. The Habit Burger Grill

Members of the CharClub get a free Charburger with cheese on their birthday.

112. Tropical Smoothie Cafe

Enjoy a surprise on your Tropical Smoothie rewards app on your birthday.

113. Vitality Bowls

Members of the loyalty program get a free birthday acai bowl.

114. Waffle House

The Waffle House Regulars Club rewards members with a free birthday waffle.

115. Wahlburgers 

Free shake for you on your b-day when you're part of the Wahlclub. 

116. Wayback Burgers

Download the Wayback app and start gaining points to get your free birthday reward. 

117. Wetzel’s Pretzels

Use the app to get a free pretzel for your birthday.

118. Whataburger

On your birthday, get one free burger by signing up for the loyalty program.

119. Which Wich

Join Vibe Club Rewards to get a free seven-inch sandwich on your birthday.

120. Wienerschnitzel

The house of hot dogs doesn't give away the game. It's not clear what you're getting on your birthday if you sign up for the suggestively titled Wiener Lovers' Club, but it does promise free food on your birthday.

121. Wingstop

Get free fries on your birthday and also when you sign up for the Wingstop Club.

122. Yard House

House Insider members get a free mini birthday dessert.

123. Yogurtland

When you join Yogurtland's Real Rewards program, you'll get a free birthday reward, which amounts to $5 off your purchase

We wish you a happy trip around the sun as you celebrate with all this free food on your birthday!