Christie Brinkley is a goddess, as seen in her newest appearance in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2017 with her two daughters. In honor of Christie and all things timeless, let's take a look back at the past couple of decades. Here, I give you the (seemingly nonexistent) evolution of Christie and the evolution of fad food trends.

1970s: Grapefruit and Tab

The 1970s were a retro time period with lots of political strife, but also lots of unique food trends. The popular diet trends running through the 70s were the grapefruit diet and the SlimFast diet. Tab Cola was all the rage and so was fondue.

1980s: Bran

The 1980s were the height of Christie Brinkley's career, and she was the model of the decade. What was the food of the decade, you ask? Bran. (Why? I'm wondering the same thing, as I'm sure is everyone else who's looking back on this fad). 

1990s: Atkins Diet and Dunkaroos

Just so you all know, Christie was in her mid-late 30s in this photo — like, whoa. The 90s gave us the Atkins Diet, which is a low carb, high protein diet. The 90s is also home to Lunchables, which we all remember, Dunkaroos, Fruit by the Foot, and many other childhood classics

2000s: Anything Your Heart Desires

The turn of the century was largely impacted by the tech boom, but with the creation of the Internet, cell phones, and apps such as Instagram and Facebook, we have been granted unlimited access to recipes. Any food you could ever want to make, you can find online.

Current Day: Wellness Foods

Today, we live in a world where people are obsessed with "natural foods." Eating unprocessed, organic, grass fed foods are all the rage today. 2017 has begun, and there are lots of food trends on the rise, like wellness drinks and vegetable substitutes like zoodles and spaghetti squash.

Christie Brinkley has reemerged in Sports Illustrated. Regardless of the decade she's in, she doesn't go out of style (unlike so many foods over the the past four decades). Food is always evolving, but the message Christie sends about feeling good in your own skin (no matter your age), will be impactful forever.