For foodies, the Food Network is a TV channel of wisdom, encouragement, and excitement. Therefore, I set out to rank what shows you should really be watching from this channel. I gathered together a group of avid Food Network watchers, Spoon U members, and polled them on the current shows. The questions were as follows: What show do you watch most frequently? Do you binge watch any? Feelings while watching the show rated from “tbh i fall asleep to it” to “this show is beyond intense.” Does this show feature your favorite chefs/bakers? And finally, have these shows inspired you to cook or bake? After careful consideration and multiple points of criteria the list is here.

1. Chopped

Coming out on top, is a Food Network classic. If you haven't seen it (gasp) this series pits four chefs against each other as they compete for a chance to win $10,000. During the three rounds of competition, the chefs must use all the ingredients in the given mystery baskets to make their dish. Needless to say things can get intense in the kitchen. Chopped also features star chef judges such as Alex Guarnaschelli, Geoffrey Zakarian, and Marc Murphy. If you're curious find out which Chopped judge you are

2. Cupcake Wars

At number two, is a competition show very similar to Chopped. However, these bakers are put to the test when they must create cupcakes and displays using unusual ingredients related to a theme. The show explores all the ups and downs that come with the science of baking and will have you glued to the TV waiting to see who becomes the winning team. This show will get you in the mood for cupcakes, so you'll need some great places to get them.

3. Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives

Well who wouldn't want to watch a show hosted by Chef Guy Fieri? With him as your guide, you are taken through the best mom & pop eateries in America. This show is sure to give you ideas on where to stop on your next road trip for some true American comfort food

4. The Next Food Network Star

This show features both awesome judges/mentors (Bobby Flay and Giada De Laurentiis) and chefs from across the country compete for their own chance at Food Network fame. Each week, you could face heart break if your favorite chef is eliminated or sheer joy if they win the challenge. Either way, it's a go-to show to kill some down time. 

5. Cutthroat Kitchen

A personal favorite of mine, "Cutthroat Kitchen" isn't a typical cooking competition. Each player, in addition to being a top-notch chef, must be able to outwit and sabotage opponents to win. With Alton Brown as the host, there is no way to predict how the competition will end up. 

In need of more cooking competition shows? Check this article out. 

The shows that round out the bottom of the list:

In rank order are: Iron Chef America, Barefoot Contessa, Guy's Grocery Games, Restaurant: Impossible, and Worst Cook's in America. While these finished out on the bottom, they are still loved by many Spoon U contributors. 

Happy watching to all you Food Network lovers like me. The Food Network will always be our go-to for all our favorite food shows.